Posted: May 21st 2009 11:11AM (Unverified) said

im sorry, but this game screams epic fail.

I first heard of this game maybe 6 months ago, and its already being released?
why havent we heard much about the game?

games like champions online, which were announced much earlier, are being released later than this game.

i have a feeling this game is just being rushed to try and get a foothold in a new mmo niche market.

also: in the picture above ...is the rifle going THROUGH the guys shoulder? thats just sloppy.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:21AM Thac0 said

CC looks so/so its going to all instanced with lobbies that load you onto FPS maps. I'm WAY more interested in APB to be honest.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:21AM Pingles said

I am guessing that the game design for something like this is nothing like trying to balance a bunch of classes and give each questlines and environments.

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:14PM (Unverified) said

lol; I'm sorry James, but I *had* to mention this:

"..which could prove to be a hit with gamers into urban crime titles."

That's like talking about Pokemon and saying:
"..which could prove to be a hit with gamers into rpg's that focus upon capturing and raising pets with an avatar that wears a red cap and a yellow backpack."

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:27PM (Unverified) said

Hey Amana, that's fair enough. I didn't say urban crime MMOs since they're not on the shelves yet -- I was more referring to games like GTA, The Getaway, Saints Row, and the like. Pretty much anything where you can run around in a city while creating chaos.

Not having played CrimeCraft myself, I'm not sure how its (all online) gameplay will match up with what you can do in those other titles. But I'll know for sure on August 25th. ;)

Posted: May 21st 2009 1:01PM (Unverified) said

Heehee
Yah - just the way it was worded, I couldn't resist.
=)

Posted: May 21st 2009 2:47PM Graill440 said

Hasnt Chronicles of spellborn launched? and arent they a shooter mmo hybrid? if so they have won that race. Maybe a fantasy setting but TCOSB still uses a reticle.

Posted: May 22nd 2009 1:16PM archipelagos said

Spellborn isn't a "shooter MMO" by any stretch of the imagination.