Posted: May 20th 2009 12:04PM Mr Angry said

Have I really had that useless collectors box sit on my self for a whole year now, tonight? I'm going home and burning it, unless anyone here wants it?

Posted: May 20th 2009 12:07PM pcgneurotic said

• 1 heart
Sorry m8, busy Warrior Epicing. :D

Posted: May 20th 2009 12:33PM Mr Angry said

• 1 heart
is that live yet, I thought it was later today? What do you think of it?

Posted: May 20th 2009 12:21PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
If only I'd known a year ago... I could have saved myself £80.

Posted: May 20th 2009 2:29PM (Unverified) said

gotta give it to funcom, they are at least continuing to get the word out about their game. personally i don't want to hear about it though, skipping this podcast but keep up the good work.

Posted: May 20th 2009 2:29PM pcgneurotic said

• 1 heart
I tell you what, it's pretty bloody solid work. It feels much more meaty and has a more direct, weighty feel to the character movement than Dungeon Runners. It's got a really nice look to it graphicaly, more like Heroes of Might and Magic V or King's Bounty than the classic isometric Diablo look. There's also a very interesting character management thing going on inbetween quests, and the whole plugging of spirits-into-items thing seems well-executed.

It's early days yet ofc, and there are still rough edges, but this is faaaar away from the crappy Korean horror-fests that we're used to. If I were you man, I would definitely give this thing a spin. It's fun!

Posted: May 20th 2009 4:42PM (Unverified) said

LOL, how many times can u say "Community" in one podcast!!! lolz

Posted: May 20th 2009 4:53PM (Unverified) said

Happy Birthday AoC! It's good to finally have a decent MMO to play

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:21AM Deryk said

Happy Birthday AoC and well done AoC for sticking it out despite the pundits and nerd rage.

Is AoC for me? Not atm. It just feels a bit too small of a game world and it needs more polish like the tutorial has. Add in a map that makes sense; several zones don't even match up from the zonelines to the actual map...etc. Add more "in-between" zones to make travel feel a bit more realistic as well with an eventual goal to get rid of zonelines and have one big expansive gameworld (like LotRO has); get cities more vibrant and alive with decorations and NPCs and housing, and NPC siege battles, and it'd be a terrific game!

But again, keep it going forward.

Posted: May 21st 2009 7:09AM (Unverified) said

And I thought the Darkfall community were a bunch of whiny little nerds but judging by the Down Votes above, I guess the AoC community is right up there with them, too!

GO, TEAM SPECIAL!

Posted: May 21st 2009 4:33AM Valdur said

Happy birthday AoC,

I was having fun in the game with my guild as I started playing 6 months after release.The game runs smoothly,no disconnects but since FC fixed the logging problem many players were having a month and a half ago,it's been almost impossible for some other players to play due to high latency.(4000K-7000K spikes).

I've tried everything possible,wrote/sent a copy of my routing to AoC servers to FC support/tech which was useless btw,contacted my isp which tried to change my routing table but it always ended up on those Amsterdam level3 which are the cause of all this mess I supposed.

FC support told me that it was not their side which have a problem but probably my isp,so to be sure,I tried other games on EU...Vanguard,LOTRO,Eve Online,Warhammer Online.Also tried Vanguard,lotro,DDO on US side and no high latency spikes.

So,happy birthday again,you've lost one of the few hundreds thousand players.

Posted: May 21st 2009 5:53AM (Unverified) said

im genna go buy this game, see how it is really. lots of negativity, but i think that maybe its probably got some good points

Posted: May 21st 2009 7:40AM (Unverified) said

Register at Eurogamer.net and - if the offer is still open - you can download the 14 day trial version for free.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:41AM Valdur said

Hex,

The game is awesome and mostly polished but you might fell under the spell of "latency spikes"