Posted: May 20th 2009 11:32PM (Unverified) said

Colin, I'm really disappointed you tagged this article "furry." I know the stigma is never going to go away but I expect better from massively.

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:00AM hami83 said

Yeah.. Cause animals aren't furry or anything... Not that YOU would jump to any conclusions on which meaning that poster was using that word for, cause NO word has more then one meaning.... >.> :P

Posted: May 21st 2009 1:33AM Seraphina Brennan said

Sorry if it offends, but we used it on the prior article about Earth Eternal. I really don't see anything offensive about it personally, as I have many friends who happen to be furs.

Not really sure what else to say about this. Used it on prior articles, and it hasn't caused a stir until this one. My deepest apologies.

Posted: May 21st 2009 3:10PM Vandell said

I think the issue, Colin, is that this game wasn't made by furs with furs in mind, and you guys have made a mistake that has tarnished the reputation of the game and it's developers as "that furry game", when in-fact it's meant to be a kid friendly game with cute animal avatars, which the story draws upon in an allegorical sense.

I mean, I'm a furry, but I'm also aware of the developer's track-record for creating evoking worlds and often have some animal races involved (see: Achaea), because using animals is a good literary/visual tool.

Bonk.

Posted: May 21st 2009 3:24PM Seraphina Brennan said

I've considered everything and have decided to remove the tag.

My deepest apologies if this has offended anyone, as that was certainly not the intent with that tag. It was a descriptor of artistic style, and not a descriptor of content. Earth Eternal looks like a great game for everyone, and I'm certainly interested in what Sparkplay has to offer with their game.

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:59AM TheFlameCrow said

• 1 heart
We ruin everything, right?

Posted: May 21st 2009 9:01AM Tom in VA said

Err, getting back to the topic at hand...

Thanks for the notice, Massively (Colin). EE looks clever and different and is one of the very few F2P games I've seen of late that looks even remotely interesting (versus the WoW-clone wannabes or the many F2P games that look like they were all produced by the same Asian MMO knockoff production company).

EE seems at least worth a try. I hope I get selected for the closed beta.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:26AM (Unverified) said

I'm just glad its a furry game that is also PG-rated.

This is pretty much the first time since the Albedo comic of the 80s that Furry anything hasn't been x-rated. Some of us furry fans are -NOT- pron-junkies and actually want something friendly for all ages.

That said, their community managers are going to have a heck of time policing all the cyber that's going to break out until people realize they need to take that to Second Life or somewhere...

Posted: May 21st 2009 3:00PM Vandell said

Just an FYI, this game wasn't made by furries / for furries; the developers were just using animal allegory to tell the story of a unique world.

Posted: May 21st 2009 3:27PM (Unverified) said

The game may not be made by / for furries - whatever those are, but it is a furry game.

Furry is not just a word for a type of x-rated animation. It refers to any use animal-anthropomorphic characters, and in particular when such use is the or a major theme.

If you make a game where you run around playing humanoids with animal heads and possibly also paws and tails - you've got a furry game.

Posted: May 21st 2009 12:22PM (Unverified) said

I hope this game has PvP.