Posted: May 19th 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

Think about this, a StarCraft MMO was not unique or different enough for Blizzard to justify developing. They obviously feel that it would still pull too many people away from WoW. With that said, it's looking more and more likely that their next game will have something to do with space and nothing involving characters on the ground.

You could easily think that StarCraft is so wildly different from WoW that it would likely be the next setting for an MMO but you would be wrong now for thinking that. I used to swear up and down their next MMO was based on StarCraft and I was dead wrong all along. The only thing I can think of that StarCraft and WoW do have in common is that both involve (but are not limited to) ground combat.

Which is why the only setting mentioned in this article that seems likely to me is Sci-Fi and only if it has something to do with playing in space. Otherwise Blizzard might as well make a StarCraft MMO, which would be money in the bank.

Maybe I'm wrong again, maybe Blizzard will surprise us all and make an MMOFPS which also would be totally different from WoW. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Posted: May 19th 2009 11:53AM (Unverified) said

Utterance - I think you are spot on, except for the guessing at the probable setting for the next page from Blizzard (I made the same mistake on Starcraft) - I dont think anyone is going to get it right, what I do hope is that Blizzard surprise us with something new.

Fingers crossed on this one.

Posted: May 19th 2009 12:07PM (Unverified) said

Most likely something with RvR, player housing, guild battles, micro transactions as well as subscription costs, casual mini games, player driven economy, a CCG attached, memorabilia, an annual convention, music system, costumes, a profession involving wood, NEW DANCES, and probably set in space.

And most of those who play it will say Blizzard invented all those things.

Posted: May 22nd 2009 1:07PM (Unverified) said

Ive never heard anyone say blizzard invented those things. they always take gaming ideas from others that see it works. I'm embarrassed to even admit i once played WoW, I feel dumber for ever playing it.

Posted: May 19th 2009 12:11PM (Unverified) said

i really want a Wuxia type MMO, but i doubt blizzard would do it, not sure if i'd want them to do it either.

Posted: May 19th 2009 1:52PM Jesspiper said

"Assuming that Games Workshop isn't the inspiring factor for yet another Blizzard game,"

LOL awesome. Always good to see someone who knows their IP history.

Posted: May 20th 2009 12:00AM (Unverified) said

Note that Games Workship borrows a lot from other IP's before it (Frank Herbert comes to mind) and so on etc etc....

Posted: May 19th 2009 4:59PM (Unverified) said

Nerdrage...overwhelming!!

Posted: May 19th 2009 8:09PM dudes said

If only they'd give us a name, we'd have at least that to go on.

They are just a bunch of teasers.

Posted: May 20th 2009 1:44AM (Unverified) said

Sooo tired of Steampunk. God I hope its not steampunk... >_<
Fad has passed for me like... 4 years ago. booooriiiing.

Posted: May 20th 2009 1:52AM Jesspiper said

Borrowing and flagrantly ripping off are two different things, and Blizzard is guilty of the latter.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell