Posted: May 18th 2009 6:16PM jpkustra said

I'm glad to see AoC keep on truckin and constantly trying to improve their game. It may not be everyone's cup o' tea but I'd take changes, tweaks and improvements in a game anyday over sweeping changes(NGE) and shutdowns(Tabula Rasa). Love em or hate em, Funcom is trying to keep AoC alive and you can't knock them for that.

Posted: May 18th 2009 8:34PM (Unverified) said

Nice. I'm feeling tempted to reinstall and give AOC another look..

Posted: May 19th 2009 9:04AM SkuzBukit said

Once 1.05 is out & settled in (patch to fix the patch time of a few weeks) I plan on trying AoC out.

Posted: May 19th 2009 11:55AM (Unverified) said

I'm interested in giving AoC another look. The bugs and other issues never bothered me. I loved always having to watch my back when I entered a new zone. I left after they made changes to PVP, with the infamy system. Something was needed, but their system seemed to discourage open PVP.

I never got higher than level 36. No one at higher level had any interest in any PVP action. They always worried about the consequences. It definitely discouraged griefers, but it also took away the constant open PVP battles I was used to. Has there been any real progress made in balancing the penalty system for PVP?

Posted: May 19th 2009 5:59PM (Unverified) said

The penalty system is still whacked with level 10 toons griefing level 80 toons due to the issues with the NPC Guard's AI, but patch 1.05 addresses these issues. Although I haven't played 1.05 on the test servers, people say the new system is great, but class balance has been thrown out the window due to the stat changes. There are still several more builds due out on test live, so I'm not going to worry about balance just yet. From what FC has been posting on the forums, they are very aware of the current balance challenges and are working to address these.

One item that I wanted to note, is that there are (and have been) and TON of small little changes that do not get much note in the press. FC has added a lot of transportation NPC's, cultural armor (if still overpriced, at least there is something that looks interesting to wear) and smoothed out a lot of the server performance issues.

In patch 1.05, they are adding vanity pets, NPC's in guild cities, culture aspects to the NPC's and citys, a new content area for lvl 75~80 (which will greatly help the bottle neck of everyone having to level from 70~80 in th same zone).

Still the biggest complaint from players is the lack of lvl 80 endgame content. FC has commented that once they are able to change the RPG system (basically the stat change that is coming in 1.05) they will have address the major mechanical concerns of the game and will then be able to really start pumping out the content.

I have to say that I am impressed with FC's honesty and support for the game. I'm glad I returned and I'm enjoying the raid content.

Posted: May 20th 2009 8:59AM (Unverified) said

I'm beginning to like what I'm hearing about AoC's improvement due to the bugs and early release that it would've have stayed longer in developing stage. Let's see when the time is right, then maybe I might give it a try.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous