Posted: May 15th 2009 3:08PM (Unverified) said

I've never understood why EverQuest 2 even exists. Most of the zones seem to be from EverQuest, and it's got the same gameplay. Why didn't they just upgrade EQ's graphics engine?

Posted: May 15th 2009 4:25PM Rocky said

The zone names are the same in some cases but the layout and contents of the zones are completely different. In fact, there's nothing the same about EQ2 and EQ besides names.

Combat is different, zone layouts are different, creatures are different ... the list goes on an on. Sometime before release Sony said they could release EQ2 as a different game and no one would know it was a sequel to EQ1. I agree with this statement completely.

Posted: May 15th 2009 3:33PM pcgneurotic said

Fair enough. To the untrained eye, it certainly looks like that. But they're really two very different beasts. The best analogy I can think of right now is, it's like comparing a 1990 BMW with a 2000 BMW. Both recognisably the same, and essentialy similar, but when you get down to it, chalk and cheese.

When I die and go to the next level, I'll be playing EQ with Vanguard graphics. Amen.

Posted: May 15th 2009 9:43PM Pigeonko said

Finally, Kurn's Tower!

Posted: May 16th 2009 12:22AM TheJackman said

ok real question, I am a long time WoW player and got kinda tired of the game again and again. Does EQ2 offer better and more them WoW?! Also how much bigger is the world of Everquest compar to WoW?!

Posted: May 16th 2009 4:54AM pcgneurotic said

I don't know for sure, but I would say Norrath in EQ2 is bigger. Well, also the graphic style has an effect too, because EQ2's style is more realistic compared to the sylised chunky WoW look. For example, the Nektulos forest zone is huuuuuge, and densely packed with trees and foliage. You genuinely do feel as though you're lost in an immense wooded area with snakes on rocks and prowling bears. It's like bloody Dagobah in The Empire Strikes Back. Ashenvale forest, by comparison, seems less dense, less foresty somehow. Perhaps it's the giant trees and so on, but even so. If it's a big world you're after, also consider Vanguard. That's some quality gamage right there.

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM