Posted: May 14th 2009 3:39PM (Unverified) said

i saw that coming.... an di would not wonder when they get more than wow had. Because it is FREE and even better than some pay to play mmos out there. Only thing that free mmos have, what makes them not wanted by pro-gamers who can pay for a game , is the graphics. But, even in that subject RoM is high on the top of the best designed mmos for me. Still i play WarO rather than this. because the game engine is poorly written.

Posted: May 14th 2009 8:47PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
anon... your full of bullsh*t.... stfu please... go back to Darkfail and have fun playing that broken piece of sh*t...

Posted: May 14th 2009 3:49PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
i was excited to try runes of magic...did the whole install...tried to log in with my new account... and then i saw that i had to buy some of their fake money before i could even try the game. that was it for me. it seems like there's no ability to make meaningful progress in the game before you come up against the RMT wall. screw that crap. i play video games partially so that i don't have to deal with the limitations of money and class irl. i would prefer my fantasy gaming environments to not recreate those divisions tyvm.

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:00PM (Unverified) said

Sorry but that is completly untrue. Ive been playing for weeks now and have yet to need, or want, to buy any crystals. Let ALONE just to log in. You must have gotten something confused, or are purposefully trying to steer people away from this game.

Either way, 100% untrue post.

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:02PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
all i know is that i made an account and tried to log in. was unable to login. so i went back to the make an account page, made another account, and was then prompted to enter in my credit card info for something like $5 or $10 bucks to buy some of their fake money. i then left the site. maybe they changed it i dunno...

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:03PM Scincidae said

I am not sure what you mean, I played it fine to level 10 without having to pay any money.

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:08PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
well, i just went back to check it out. i logged in to my account on frogster and before i can choose a server, i have to choose a "point package" which starts at $4.99 for 100 diamonds and goes up to $74.99 for 2000 diamonds. there is no free option. when i try to login with the account i made, it says i have to go register on frogster. am i just doing it wrong?

Posted: May 15th 2009 3:57AM SkuzBukit said

There are two kinds of lies, Lies & damned lies, & this is a damned lie post.

Using real cash is totally optional, & not necessary at all, hell they even give you the option to buy the real cash currency (diamonds) with normally aquired in game currency (gold).

There are problems with the economy & the diamond system but you can (& I have for just over a month now) play without paying real cash for anything at all if you want to.

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:09PM (Unverified) said

What do these crystals do?

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:36PM (Unverified) said

I have been playing this off and on for about three weeks now. I have never bought anything. If i do eventually it will be a permanent mount, but I will wait till i see how much i like it. The graphics are very nice and it even runs on my laptop.
I actually tried to find the screens anon was talking about but so far I havent seen anything, must be clicking somewhere wrong that I cant find.

Posted: May 14th 2009 5:00PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing this since CB and have never payed a dime - it is totally free. I did win some diamonds in an addon contest but you certainly don't need to buy anything to download, install, or play RoM.

Great game overall. Just needs some more incidental sounds and music filled in and it's a keeper. A lot of nice addons are out for it too.

Posted: May 14th 2009 6:45PM (Unverified) said

Are you registering at this page:

I see no prompts for payment information here.

Posted: May 14th 2009 8:04PM (Unverified) said

It's a great game.

Posted: May 14th 2009 9:34PM (Unverified) said

Neat stuff.

Posted: May 14th 2009 11:57PM hami83 said

Good game, deserves its success.

As for Anon who's saying you have to pay. He's probably just an idiot that's either trolling or assumed you had to get diamonds to play the game, or just assumes everything in the game should be free.

The sound issues are a bit annoying, but other then that it's a great game.

Posted: May 15th 2009 8:48AM (Unverified) said

all right fellas, after going back to the account that i first made in april which let me log in fine on the website and would not let me log on to the game (it said password didn't match username), i then made another account which gave me the same error. i then made a third account with a third email address. finally this one worked. i was able to log on and level to level 4 hooray :P

in conclusion, thank you all. if it weren't for your words of kind encouragement i would have never been able to enjoy this exciting game.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014