Posted: May 14th 2009 6:06PM AlamoeJones said

wow, and this right after the news that they've hit 1 mil. i forsee that number going up up up! i wasn't planning on playing this, but i seem to have just changed my mind.

Posted: May 14th 2009 6:18PM TheJackman said

I am pretty sure this game can beat any other free mmo in no time but please add the freaking sounds!!

Posted: May 14th 2009 6:25PM (Unverified) said

This is amazing! This is the same free realms is using right now... Why can't other games do this?????????

Posted: May 14th 2009 6:59PM Tipa said

Steamed games are my favorite!

Posted: May 14th 2009 7:31PM (Unverified) said

Neat!

Posted: May 14th 2009 10:36PM (Unverified) said

I really want to like this game. I know it's free and all but I just can't get over the graphics which are a little more cartoony and blocky than WoW. Maybe things will get better and it will draw me in. I like the idea of RoM and they seem to be doing well so far.

Posted: May 14th 2009 11:53PM hami83 said

If only it could steam on Macs. Then their numbers would explode..

Not saying Macs are a huge market, but they are MMO starved.

Posted: May 15th 2009 3:57AM SkuzBukit said

The problem with MMO's on Ma's is that Mac's are a niche market & MMO are a niche market, a niche within a niche is going to be a really thin slice of pie, unless you mean to suggest a significantly higher proportion of Mac users than PC users are keen on MMO's. which I doubt to be honest.

Of course it's an inconvenience to the small number of Mac users that find their preferred gaming genre is not supported well, but I bet there are other gaming genres with the exact same issues among Mac users, to publish a game on Mac is several orders of risk higher than publishing to PC & MMO's are high-risk anyway, moving to the Mac os is an unjustifiable expense in most cases, WoW did it successfully but that game bends the normal rules because it's just so popular & in the pop-culture now.

Posted: May 15th 2009 10:32AM (Unverified) said

I'm glad to see they're putting so much effort into things that don't really affect playability. This game has the most unbalanced classes out of any mmo I've played to date. Gold has become useless in the game. The cash shop is the only way you can truly survive end game content. It's almost impossible to have decent gear unless you spend real dollars and a lot of them. The game itself is just as fun as WoW was as far as leveling up. But once you get to 50, good luck staying alive against bosses without cash enhanced gear.

Posted: May 15th 2009 11:48AM eggmanjr said

Free Realms is already using streaming so how can Runes of Magic be the first?