Posted: May 13th 2009 10:07AM Halldorr said

I was pretty excited about a Stargate MMO as it could have so much potential but then more and more it looked like a FPS MMO and I'm not big on those kinds of games. Still sad to see it struggle like this.

Posted: May 13th 2009 10:12AM (Unverified) said

The bell tolls for thee!

I hope the IP is picked up by another larger company with a real development budget. It would be a shame to waste a good idea.

Posted: May 13th 2009 10:52AM Scopique said

"No great loss. While it's wonderful IP and a great idea for an MMO it was obvious this game was going nowhere. CME bit off far more than they could chew. There is nothing more to it than that."

BS. It's one franchise that had great potential to be MMOified. Unless you have inside info, we don't know how CME was progressing aside from what we read online. It WOULD BE a great loss, because otherwise we're doomed to drown in the sea of high fantasy, WoW knockoffs. So yeah, there IS more to it then that.

Posted: May 13th 2009 11:29AM (Unverified) said

Trying reading the paragraph you just quoted?

I agree. It's a brilliant MMO idea - almost the perfect MMO idea (multiple instanced worlds, clearly defined factions, action based, etc).

As for CME go look on their forum. They are quite good about posting updates and images from the game. For a while there it looked promising… but the quality didn’t improve, the visuals looked awful and some of the ideas they were talking about just weren’t cutting edge. Stargate would be wasted as WoW with guns, which is all they were managing it seemed.

Posted: May 13th 2009 11:22AM TheJackman said

This is the 2nd Stargate game that never make it too release the first one was produce by the aholes of Jowood! Dan Elggren is not a talent at all he failed big time on this game! Hope Gazillion Entertainment fire his butt on the street soon!!

Posted: May 13th 2009 12:33PM dudes said

Stargate Worlds: The next Duke Nukem Forever. :|

Posted: May 13th 2009 12:43PM (Unverified) said

While I was at first interested in Stargate WOrlds, my interest slowly waned when all they wanted to talk about was ablative armor, outsourcing and sound effects.
I hope someone saves it and makes something interesting with it.

Posted: May 13th 2009 2:08PM Tom in VA said

The game idea had promise, but I was put off by the gameplay videos I saw, which looked clunky and FPS to me.

While it is sad to see any MMO bite the dust (or even look like it's veering in that direction, as this one appears to be), I wasn't all that interested in this MMO anyway, since Aion, STO, TOR, and/or GW2 are all much more interesting to me.

Posted: May 13th 2009 8:20PM Adam24 said

They have an update on their blog about the game's development: http://community.stargateworlds.com/news/4/1281/

Posted: May 13th 2009 4:49PM (Unverified) said

Well, poopy. I was really looking forward to playing this one, just to give it a try since the show is one of my all time favorites. Maybe someday.....