Posted: May 13th 2009 9:58PM (Unverified) said

I hear the game isn't really an mmo.

Posted: May 13th 2009 10:23PM Anticrawl said

The PvP is only 12v12.

Posted: May 14th 2009 6:40AM (Unverified) said

"The PvP is only 12v12."

That's... eh... a joke, right? They can't seriously be trying to pass this off as an MMO if that's true?

From what I've seen the only truly MMOish thing is guild houses. Other than that I don't actually think I've seen any hint of zones, areas, etc which allow you to... well... actually play the game.

Anyone think of a reason to play this rather than CoD4 (/insert favourite FPS here)? Remembering you have to pay to play this one, of course.

Posted: May 14th 2009 1:42PM (Unverified) said

I think you'll find that's grossly understated. It's up to 60 vs. 60 at the moment.

Posted: May 15th 2009 9:32AM 38Watch said

"While the game's release date isn't been set yet, Hi-Rez has been fairly active in terms of promoting Global Agenda, a trend which seems to be continuing."

I hate to be the grammar police, but this sentence is painful to read.

Posted: May 14th 2009 12:30AM Anticrawl said

That is what happens when you put French text through the Google translator and don't clean it up after.

Posted: May 14th 2009 8:42AM (Unverified) said

yeah, the lack of a persistant world kills this for me. And as a Planetside guy (a game they should be looking at alot, even more than TF2)...that is pretty much a deal breaker.

Posted: May 14th 2009 4:54PM (Unverified) said

Agreed. Bin this and make Planetside 2 please.

Nothing better than a fully loaded dropship kicking out a swarm of players right on top of a base, with herds of fighters and vehicles roaming around outside. Or dashing around on zip wires in the caves, ducking and driving through some of the most insane 3d battleground I've ever seen.

And that game is old, old, old... absolutely no reason why we couldn't see something on par with that these days.

And this "It's up to 60 vs. 60 at the moment."

Reading that; not all in the same instance. In supporting instances. I actually love that idea, but I'm not paying £xx a month to play it. Make it a standard FPS with no fee and I'll play that 'til my hands fall off. But they aren't getting more than the box price from me.

Regardless, I'm signed up for beta. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Swordsman launches today