Posted: May 13th 2009 12:50PM Miffy said

I think this update looks great but wish'd the rest of the game wasn't so crap. There game has so many major flaws to it which stops it from being fun, like the combat system and classes for example. These are mechanics that'll never change unless you do an NGE and I doubt that'll happen. There are other things like the poor animations and how the world is designed which ruins the immersion. The colourful spell effects which is more disney than gorey Warhammer again ruins the Warhammer feel.... not to mention how bland and generic the world is which makes me not care about Warhammer even more.

I think this new zone looks great but why couldn't the world have had this much detail to it before release? Now theres alot of crappy zones which makes the game boring and most of them are dead anyways cause the world is too big and poorly designed.

Posted: May 13th 2009 1:53PM Greeen said

Well, I guess it is a matter of taste. The combat isn't crap at all, it is based to a large extend of the Warhammer game setting. And if u go into detail, most MMOs do something similar. Huge difference to WoW is, that PVE battles feel "slower" and that is what turn of many players I think.
What I though can agree is, that all classes are similar in such an aspect that they build up grudge, or waaagh, or whatever to perform more powerful attacks, heals, etc.

Have you really played the game more than a few hours? If you play it for a while and understand it. It is boring from a pure PVE aspect, esp. if you come from a game like EQ(2), LOTRO or WoW. The focus is RvR. And that can be pretty grindy, so no difference to other games.

Posted: May 13th 2009 1:54PM Greeen said

oops, the paragraph got mixed up, sorry, I meant to write:

Have you really played the game more than a few hours? If you play it for a while and understand it. If I say "played it for a while" it can boil down to how many people feel about many MMOs where fanbois can become pretty defensive. But why play for say, 10 hours, before you get the feel for an MMO to say "aha! this is better than I thought, I will continue" when most single player games after 10 hours are done to 50%. But that is another discussion.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM