Posted: May 13th 2009 6:50PM J Brad Hicks said

• 1 heart
They're not allowed to comment on the numbers ... but they beg, and beg, and beg for people to free trial it and to come back. I smell the faintest whiff of desperation.

And I still have never seen any interview with EA/Mythic in which they've answered the only question I care about. Almost every RVR control point capture, from battlefield objectives in the middle of the pairing all the way to the public quests in the keep siege, people have documented that the winners are getting there via exploits, whole clans openly exploiting their way to the top. Since no MMO can ever fix all of the exploitable bugs, has EA rehired the referees whose job it used to be to invisibly watch RvR and suspend or ban cheaters, and I just haven't heard about it yet? Are they planning on doing so any time soon?

If the answer to both of those questions is "no," then I'll keep playing something else, instead. To my taste, there's exactly no point in playing a game designed around player versus player content if the only way to be competitive is to cheat.

Posted: May 13th 2009 7:29PM (Unverified) said

Eh? I've seen very little exploiting going on....and how can you exploit an objective?
There's no loot gain from them...

OH, you mean the 'creative' use of the way targetted AoEs work. That's not cheating, it's something players will naturally do if given the ability.
(disclaimer: i hate the AoE 'exploits' too)

That's just because of the totally idiotic way ground-target AoEs are designed in WAR - not by Line of Sight from your character, but by LoS from your CAMERA. Which allows BWs and Sorcs to stand behind pillars, and aim their AoE at the entrance - totally out of LoS, but doing 1k DPS to several people at once >.

Posted: May 13th 2009 7:35PM (Unverified) said

BLEH, post got cut off.

The AoE stuff has been toned down at least by removing AoE stacking, so you only really get hit by one or two AoEs at once, rather than six.

Posted: May 13th 2009 7:32PM Distaste said

• 1 heart
So they think that the reason they lost so many subs is the economy? They really are out of touch with the playerbase if they think that is true. The straight comment from Paul is also bad since if they keep going straight(developing PvE content and not fixing current endgame RvR) they really will kill the game. Their boxed expansion will probably have lizardmen and skaven and never fix the lack of depth, static/boring endgame.

Posted: May 13th 2009 7:38PM (Unverified) said

Watch the interviews on Warhammer Alliance's front page. They know the city sieges in their current state are bad, and they know that current endgame RVR could use some balancing.

Posted: May 13th 2009 8:00PM mightfo said

I don't really think the poor economy hurts MMOs very much, at least in terms of retention. I mean, MMOs have much higher money-per-amount of entertainment time ratios than other games.

Posted: May 13th 2009 9:12PM Naoki7 said

I love reading/watching stuff with these guys. Paul and Jeff and Josh and all of them really give Mythic a lot of personality, rather than them just being a faceless corporate developer. So it makes me sad when people treat them like that :(

They're a bunch of guys and gals trying really hard to make a fun, awesome game. It's not ever going to be perfect, and I wish people would stop expecting it (or any game) to be. Just have fun! I am. I can't wait for the platforming style stuff. I was born to do jumping puzzles!

Posted: May 14th 2009 1:11AM (Unverified) said

They get treated badly because of their unprofessional behavior during important interviews. This was a chance to really outline what their mindset is and all they did was self promote their awards and marriages.

Posted: May 14th 2009 1:26AM Naoki7 said

Seriously? They get bashed for being "unprofessional" in "important" interviews? I thought video games were about having fun. This isn't the stock market or a bank or a law firm. You don't have to wear a tie, or even a nice shirt, or anything.

From where I'm sitting, people bash them because they focus so heavily on what they think is wrong with the game, all the little negative things that they see and they rant and complain and ragequit. This happens in EVERY game, ALL the time. Not even just games, it can be ANYTHING and there will always be people who hate it and the people who made it for no reason. Apple, Microsoft, Coke, the government, the Illuminati, whoever.

Which is why I am here, to balance things out. I love Mythic! Keep up the good work! I support you 100%.

(I would have voted for Paul though >.>)

Posted: May 14th 2009 2:26AM Distaste said

• 1 heart
Having fun at your job is fine BUT there is a time and a place for that fun. When your customer base is upset and 500k+ drop the game like a hot potato the time for fun and games is over. Especially when most of what comes out of their mouths are lies, half truths, and constant spinning. If your wallet got stolen you wouldn't want a cop making jokes while you are trying to file a report would you?

You want people to focus on the positives of WAR? PQ's were a good idea but 90% of the PQ's were implemented poorly. Open parties are a good idea. That's about it. Everything else about the game has been done before and done better elsewhere(including in one of their own games).

I used to be a fan of Mythic until the very first state of the game by Mark Jacobs. After MONTHS of telling them in beta that endgame was broken, city sieges sucked(weren't tested until the last 2 months), the archetype system was awful and imbalanced, character customization was far too shallow, etc and they still ignored it. Then if they do acknowledge the problem their solutions are half-baked like the "Winds of Change".

Seriously from now on when you have the slightest inkling that Mythic might be going in the right direction just remind yourself that they even considered the "Winds of Change" as a possible solution.

Sure most games will have people that hate the game/company just to hate but Mythic has truly earned all the hate they receive. From lying to customers to putting bandaids on a gaping wound and calling it a solution. They have done it all. Mark, Paul, Josh, and Jeff are probably really cool guys in real life. However as a company they need to get their acts together.

Posted: May 14th 2009 2:37PM (Unverified) said

I don't think you understand how important it is for an adult to act like an adult. Yeah its a video game, but its a game we all spent time and money on only to have them parade around like jackasses. If the game was doing well and didn't lack a lot of the stuff they swore it would have people wouldn't care as much. They have tons of broken mechanics, systems, and poorly implemented features that the game is constantly in a beta state. The bugs, exploits, unengaging rvr, and mindless gameplay are not little things that a serious player can glance over. If I'm paying $15 a month, I want to see and do a lot more than run scenarios and zerg around in RvR.

Posted: May 14th 2009 1:14AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
So what did he do to get in the dog house with his fiance? Or are we supposed to believe this is a random public display of affection? Either way, I've been gagging since I read it.

Posted: May 12th 2010 3:50PM Silverel said

WoW, you're still posting.

You must be a pro. Everyone step back. This guys knows his stuff!

WAR is an infant as an MMO, and it certainly ain't difficult to toss a baby down the stairs and stomp on it. Are you proud? Does it make you feel just GRRRREAAT! Seems to me whenever an MMO comes out, there's a Hoarde of people that rush out to attack it immediately. This is nothing unique to WAR, and it'll pass as the game gets the polish it needs.

For you people playing WAR, it's essentially still a beta. As long as you come to terms with that, report bugs, and stay vocal without the /ragequit, this game will be great. If you're going to trash the game, save your breath and go do something else that will make you happy.

Like drowning kittens.

Posted: May 12th 2010 4:30PM (Unverified) said

Lol...why did you reply to a year old comment? Did the system have a bug or something?