Posted: May 11th 2009 5:48PM Wouldzey said

Wow. Sounds like really good impressions there. Im really interested to find out more about the purge mechanic in kicking other players out of the zone.

Posted: May 11th 2009 9:02PM (Unverified) said

Fantastic sneak peak. So this is what Mythic has been up to all this time ! After reading this I can't wait to try the new undead lands. You can say alot of things about Mythic, but nobody can take one thing form them - time and time again they continue to surprise us with innovative approach to same old issues.

Way to go Mythic bringing some new life into the fantasy theme !

Posted: May 11th 2009 10:20PM Distaste said

This is all well and fine BUT what about RvR endgame? What about PvP? What about balance?

I like PvE but it gets old fast. The whole dungeon experience sounds nice but it is a stop gap measure that doesn't fix anything. It will get old within a few weeks. Not to mention that this game was billed as an RvR game and adding more PvE just boggles my mind. Sure there might be some PvPing in the zone but Zerg rules and path of least resistance will ruin it.

If this was an announcement for a PvE game then I might get excited but since it is for WAR which is RvR it leaves me wondering how long they will leave T4 broken.

Posted: May 11th 2009 10:23PM Holgranth said

• 1 heart
At this point the pvp is so crapped up they could just turn it into a PvE game adn I'd be happy....

Posted: May 11th 2009 11:44PM (Unverified) said

Hmm sounds fun, but what if there is no one around to do PQ with?
I see this as another gimmick from Mythic to entice the press with a solid game play session. However, all this is in a controlled environment, whereby the press is able to play together, mostly good or at least knowledgeable players.

Change the scenario slightly, and we might see a totally different experience.
It is the same for the entire game, most PQ's in the lower zones are empty and there will be no way anyone can solo through the PQ (since it was not designed to be soloed!)

I'm happy that Mythic is adding more content, but they should try to fix the nagging issues with the entire game, mainly, PvE, and the PQ quest system.

"Mythic you promised us too much, and delivered too little".

Posted: May 12th 2009 4:51AM (Unverified) said

All mmorpgs tend to have bugs, and lag when they first come out, it is an unavoidable part of the mmorpg genre. Although, this does seem to be some good press, and personally myself, enjoy the lore of the warhammer world quite a bit. This dungeon not only sounds like a refreshing break from the usual grind fest dungeons. ((although those can be quite fun with the right party)) Now I just got to get to tier 4 ((perhaps I will experience some of these problems above commenters have spoken, but I think people just complain too much and don't just try to have fun. You people really need to look into the lore!! The public quests in the lower tiers to me tend to mesh both story and quest very well together.

Posted: May 12th 2009 9:00AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Nothing special, not even thinking of getting back to this game even it goes F2P. Not worth my time. Just full of hype and promises that didn't deliver to the game. This is one of my mistakes of getting this game before reading the facts about it.

Posted: May 12th 2009 8:07PM (Unverified) said

@Holgar,

You have no idea what your talking. Only thing wrong with PvP right is server stability and for the noobs out there there MAY BE a problem with casters owning them constantly but usually its people who 1. don't kill healers 2. don't have a healer 3. need to l2p their class correctly. The game needs time and more polish I can see WAR going far and getting better over the next this year which is more then I can say for some MMORPGs that have been released before WAR and are having a hard time figuring out what direction they are going in.

Posted: May 13th 2009 1:45PM (Unverified) said

This is a group/guild based RvR and PvE game with great mechanics. This is not a solo grind fest or solo PvP MMO. Balance doesn't mean any player can beat any player. It means all classes have unique abilities that make them interesting and fun to play. Some classes can barely kill anyone! Yes casters can own, but no one dies more than a caster either. This is a great addition to a great game and it's FREE to subscribers. My only critique is they need to fix city staging and keep tuning for massive pvp performance, which is very end game and most certainly going to improve.