Posted: May 9th 2009 6:43PM Holgranth said

92 million "users" you say?
90 million PLAYERS or 92 million ACCOUNTS?
If so is that ACTIVE players or ACTIVE accounts?

I am VERY skeptical about these claims, personally they REEK of overinflation. I know for a fact that Jagex had an add for about a week saying that "Over 152 million accounts made" for Runescape.

Last I heard they have 5 million active f2ps and 1 million members, number of accounts means %$^# all. I probably made 5 different accounts (It was/is the only way to have more than one character) for Runescape classic back in the day.

If that number is counting all the people who have tried the game in the past X number of years and not continued playing I cry foul.

And if it is ACTIVE players than HOLY COW I'm going to make me a craptastic cash shop side scrolling mmo and rake in the cash.......

Posted: May 9th 2009 7:36PM DevilSei said

Exactly. T
his game has to be counting all accounts made, inactive or not, and most likely it counts the accounts on the game's site, which if I'm wrong, hosts more than one game.
And I feel horrid that one of those inactive accounts was mine... I was young and stupid! I tried the game for two weeks and had to quit.

Posted: May 9th 2009 9:44PM Holgranth said

I just saw an add for Maplestory (On mmorpg.com) claiming that "Over 150 million have tried the game." Lets say its actually about 160 million(I HIGHLY doubt it that number is probably inflated as well), 92million/160 million is 57.5%. An absolutely INSANE retention level for a four year old f2p game.

Yea I smell bullshit lots and lots and lots of VERY smelly bullshit.

Posted: May 9th 2009 7:43PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Regardless of whether it's Active or Total players, the fact is, the game is unbelievably terrible, so it's 92 million Lowest Common Denominators who accept mediocrity like this. The game is horrible regardless of how many players it has. Just another Korean grindfest with no depth of gameplay.

Posted: May 9th 2009 8:29PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
wow.... that much people that love 2d grapics still.... did I land in the twilight zone??!

Posted: May 10th 2009 7:16AM SkuzBukit said

• 1 heart
I have to agree with the other posters in saying that those numbers have to be total falacy, 9.2 million would be a hell of an achievement given how bad the game is, but 92million+ ? nuh ugh, I don't believe it for a second.

Posted: May 10th 2009 11:06AM (Unverified) said

Enough trash talking the game. Nexon never said the 6 million of its North American users are active users; I'm sure Blizzard isn't completely innocent either. The 92 million, if they did mean total subscribers, is completely believable. There are many more versions across the world than World of Warcraft, so it can cover more users. I've played MapleStory since 2003 and it is all personal taste. I've loved every minute of it and I'm very happy it has made it this far.

Posted: May 10th 2009 1:50PM Holgranth said

Actually Blizz IS really good about not hiding their subcriber numbers when they say 11 million it ACTUALLY is 11 million not some inflated bullshit number they pulled out of thier ass.

As far as liking the game goes its personal taste...... some people like midless childish 2d side scrolling trash.

If you are that easily entertained more power to you.

Posted: May 11th 2009 1:42AM (Unverified) said

92 million players or 92 million bots?

Posted: May 10th 2009 8:23PM (Unverified) said

Holgar, looking back at your past comments on different post, you have yet to post anything constructive towards a game. You negatively bash or disapprove so many things without being able to justify them.

Posted: May 10th 2009 8:34PM (Unverified) said

I call shenanigans.

Posted: May 12th 2009 12:17AM cowthulhu said

Well they don't seem to be doing too badly. US$117 million profit in 2008 according to the chart.

And 92 million users.. yeah right.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 3:04AM (Unverified) said

i dont think its too hard to believe that there are that many people in the world who play the game. many many many people in Asian countries play the game, and i have played it, its not too bad but it gets repetitive.

and as for WoW, i think they actually UNDER-inflate the number of players, because there are vast numbers of accounts that are just made, for the free trial and then never used again. and not to mention all the people who play on free servers and such. so i think WoW technically has a lot more than 11 million playing worldwide.

but again i dont think its too far-fetched that maple story has that many users

Posted: Jul 24th 2009 10:35PM (Unverified) said

Did any else ever noticed how Juge said he started playing in 2003 even though the game wasn't even released until 2005? lol

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 5:33AM (Unverified) said

Theman : next time you better your use your brain before talking bullshit.

the beta of MS is around since 2003.

it's funny how the wow-nerds keep defending their noobrpg.