Posted: May 8th 2009 6:36PM (Unverified) said

Wait, he has a pistol?!

I think Cryptic really did make Dual Pistols for Scrappers, but they only give the powerset to members of the press!

NO FAIR.

Posted: May 8th 2009 9:18PM (Unverified) said

It's just a craftable temp power. I keep it on Gunflint mostly for show.

Posted: May 8th 2009 8:52PM MrGutts said

Prolly some temp power. I had a freeze pistol once a long long long time ago in CoH.

Posted: May 8th 2009 8:54PM MrGutts said

So how do you actually draw those, do you put them on paper first and transfer them or is it all computer pad work?? Great stuff btw.

Posted: May 8th 2009 9:20PM (Unverified) said

I draw and ink them on paper and scan them, then color them on the computer. However, that's mostly just preference.

Posted: May 8th 2009 9:05PM TacosWLove said

Finally someone who liked Planetside. Probably one of my #1 MMO's, to bad no other company has the guts to make anything like it and the fact its dead(its atually is still going, just not big fights anymore). I mean common it seems simple:
Lets put thousands of people in one fight with tanks, planes and automobiles and lots and lots of guns. Oh and lets have it where you fight for control of the entire world that can be taken(which has been done) and get to make fronts and get the sense of an epic conflict. You know it has a real life counter part. WAR!

Posted: May 8th 2009 9:24PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, some of my fondest online memories are in that game. No MMO on the board present or future seems to be filling the gap, not even these other MMOFPS's. They're all small skirmish games.

Funny story: Completely by coincidence, one of my special ops squadmates turned out to be my best friend from elementary school. On a 10-man team, out of the whole internet, what are the odds. We're buddies again.

Posted: May 8th 2009 11:08PM (Unverified) said

I beta tested PlanetSide and played the trial in retail. I like it. I didn't know people disliked it.

Posted: May 9th 2009 1:03AM (Unverified) said

It was a hybrid game. The shooting was laggy and inaccurate due to the cone-of-fire method, so hardcore shooter fans were lost, but it still required twitch gaming skills, so RPG players were lost. Before Instant Action was implemented, it was a pain in the ass to get into the fight. And lastly, it wasn't very hard to die in combat, and some players who get frustrated by perpetually dirtnapping just turned around and never looked back.

And this isn't even touching the griefing or cheating.

The game wasn't perfect, but still, there's nothing like it out there. Global warfare with essentially no territorial boundaries. Zones were entire continents, wars could be waged on any viable front, and in the odd chance your empire was feeling particularly cooperative in a given day, you could really feel the tide of battle as you moved from sortie to sortie.

Posted: May 10th 2009 10:22PM organiclockwork said

I loved Planetside, but it was far from perfect.

I'm hoping one of the many MMOFPSes on the rise perfect the formula. Or at least bring it a step closer.