Posted: May 8th 2009 1:18PM Tom in VA said

Sounds promising, but why do you say the "fourth" class when the site only has two (Trooper and Bounty Hunter). Are you counting Sith and Jedi as classes also?

Posted: May 8th 2009 1:56PM (Unverified) said

B/c we know Sith and Jedi are playable classes. But, these are the official releases.

OT:
Looks cool. Still nto enough to put me over the top, but I like the look of the trooper x10 better then the Bobba Fett Clone... er... Bounty Hunter Class.

Posted: May 8th 2009 1:30PM Halldorr said

I cannot wait for this game to come out...I think waiting on the new MMOs is the most painful part of MMOs :-P

Posted: May 8th 2009 2:24PM (Unverified) said

I hope this isn't the Republic equivalent of the Bounty hunter...but it probably is. Still, I'm hoping this class is paired up against a Mandalorian commando for the Sith, and the BH equivalent is some sort of pirate/smuggler Privateer.

Posted: May 8th 2009 2:39PM Interitus said

Still not impressed enough to play, at least it wasn't as bad as bounty hunter

Posted: May 8th 2009 2:46PM dudes said

Awesome. This is Geek Pr0n.

Posted: May 8th 2009 2:48PM MrGutts said

Now lets take a look at the Dark troopers. :)

Posted: May 8th 2009 3:17PM (Unverified) said

Hopefully they can come up with something a little better before release. Even Republic Commando would be an improvement if not quite accurate. 'Trooper' implies rank-and-file which doesn't really fit the heroic character mold.

Posted: May 9th 2009 9:35AM LaughingTarget said

Republic Commando was, what, a few thousand years after the setting here? If you read the description, Trooper IS the commando unit. If the basis for the complaint is entirely due to nomenclature, well, I feel bad for you.

Posted: May 8th 2009 4:29PM (Unverified) said

Because The Trooper is _metal_, folks. That's why.

Posted: May 8th 2009 11:15PM (Unverified) said

I really hope my excitement is actually going to pay off, because this sounds like it may be the greatest MMO of all time.

Posted: May 9th 2009 12:21AM karnisov said

commando is a class in swg, there may be some legal issues if bioware uses it, not sure.

Posted: May 9th 2009 10:07AM RogueJedi86 said

SOE doesn't own the copyright on the word Commando. Trooper is BioWare's choice. It works for me, I've been calling them Troopers since BH came out and I hoped for a normal trooper guy.

Posted: May 9th 2009 3:45PM ultimateq said

If they have a combat medic with ranged stims, that'd be GG.

Posted: May 9th 2009 10:03PM RogueJedi86 said

The only problem I really have so far is that the announced classes sound more like the Troop types in the SW Battlefront games, without potential for a whole lot of variety. Like Troopers are Guns, Rifle Butt Melee, and sticky grenades, how do you get variety from such specific attacks?

I know we're still pre-alpha, but I'm hoping for more information on grouping. All the talk of unique stories and classes and planets and nothing of player interaction makes me hope we'll have dungeons and battlegrounds of sorts. Give me a hint of why this is an MMorpg.

Posted: May 9th 2009 10:06PM RogueJedi86 said

Also, I think Bounty Hunter and Trooper are specific to each faction. If you notice at the bottom right of each class's page, you'll see a different icon, presumably one for the Sith and the other for the Republic.

Take a look for yourself:

So yeah, hints of faction-specific classes is a bit of news I guess.