Posted: May 7th 2009 11:37AM urgan said

They're trying to fix that which wasn't broken? :(

Posted: May 7th 2009 11:45AM (Unverified) said

Yeah... Mythos back when it was in beta was a fantastic game, something I would have been happy to pay to play. The only thing was it seemed every few weeks they'd be redoing major sections of the game or practically starting from scratch, like when they introduced the all in one Overworld map and changeable camera angles. Normally that would be incredibly frustrating to have a game pushed back because the makers decided to remake the wheel.. if the game didn't improve by leaps and bounds every time they changed it.

I look forward to it being brought back out again.. I just worry that changes made to it will ruin the quirky fun and Diablo-esque dungeon crawling that made Mythos so enjoyable. Well, at least we'll have Torchlight...

Posted: May 7th 2009 12:20PM TheJackman said

The game died it never got pass beta and never will like the real developers move on to better things I sure as hell will not play any retooled Korean flavored version!

Everyone that love this game in beta better wait for Torchlight!

Posted: May 7th 2009 1:54PM (Unverified) said

I see no reason to knock this version before it is even released. I enjoyed my time in Mythos for several months before Flagship fell apart, and I'll be first in line to play Torchlight, but I would still like to see Mythos realized as a real game. Hope Hanbitsoft can expand on what was an already excellent base.

Posted: May 7th 2009 3:53PM (Unverified) said

Mythos is going to be continued, but not by the original design team? That isn't a good thing.

Then the former Mythos developers are going to make a new version, which may be good, being as they have fix some things they didn't like from the start, but it's single player? That's not good, that game needs to be MMO-like from the start.

Posted: May 7th 2009 4:34PM ReijMan said

Any word on where it will be playable? Asia, Europe, USA?

Posted: May 7th 2009 4:34PM (Unverified) said

Yeah this is a no go for me. I played Mythos through almost every iteration of the beta, and the biggest thing about the game (IMO) was how closely the dev team listened to, and implemented ideas from the community. This just saddens me the game had so much potential.

Posted: May 8th 2009 3:21AM Dread said

Umm...am I missing something here? Does that screenshot in this article look suspiciously like WoW with a different font and a few colour changes?!?! Even the menu looks eerily similar......