Posted: May 6th 2009 2:04PM (Unverified) said

SciFi can suck my ridges. They've abandoned their true demographic with this name change. They're only doing it so they can "diversify" (read: demolish) the channel's programming, filling it with more trash like ECW and Ghost Hunters.

Not bothering with anything that has to do with those lowlifes anymore.

Posted: May 6th 2009 4:18PM TheJackman said

Well lets hope this game will turn into something good go E3 go!!

Posted: May 6th 2009 5:21PM (Unverified) said

I was fast scrolling down the page... Am I the only one that stopped because I thought I saw TRON mmo?

Posted: May 6th 2009 6:09PM archipelagos said

That would be ace.

Posted: May 6th 2009 8:19PM SkuzBukit said

Well, Sci-Fi is not something that can be easily trademarked, so that might go some way to explaining the rebranding to SyFy.

I have some doubts about the quality of anything associated with the Sci-Fi channel though, they aren't exactly world respected leaders of their field or anything, the vast majority of the material they themselves create is definitely in the B-Movie or worse category, sometimes not taking itself seriously & other times doing so, laughably.

I guess we will just have to hope that the Games that come along are of a quality that is industry standard, & not of the standard the channels programming is.

Posted: May 6th 2009 9:24PM (Unverified) said

"In Heroes of Telara players are challenged to conquer the unknown in an epic, ever-changing world. Heroes of Telara will feature an unprecedented level of rich and dynamic gameplay, driven by recurring events, unexpected challenges and limitless new content."

Uh-huh, just like every MMO out there, then.

Posted: May 7th 2009 3:34PM Evy said

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. Geez, that description could be about -any- MMORPG. How vague!

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014