Posted: May 6th 2009 12:24PM Miffy said

• Half a heart
Am I the only one that doesn't like the whole spandex superhero thing? It's say cartoony and kiddy :\ As a kid growing up it was never popular here in the UK and the only place you'd see it is on American TV and it was geeks in a comic nook store.

So it just doean't appeal to me.

Posted: May 6th 2009 3:01PM (Unverified) said

Well, I really wanted to play this game but, now that I know VENEKOR thinks it's childish and geeky, no WAY am I going to play it now!

Seriously, I don't think anyone here cares what your opinion on comic books or comic book culture is, man. I guess over in England no one's heard of the old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut."

You don't see me throwing a post on an article about fairy-ass soccer, saying how I think soccer fans are just a bunch of thuggish hooligans.

Posted: May 6th 2009 5:24PM Wensbane said

Yeah, same here. Venekor's grosse generalizations have put me off this game completely! I wouldn't want to turn into another geek at a comic "nook" store, as appealing as that may sound at first.

Posted: May 6th 2009 9:45PM wjowski said

I know what you mean. Jesus...it's like being in a comic book or something.

Posted: May 6th 2009 1:03PM (Unverified) said

great, if it doesn't appeal to you, don't play it. no one is forcing you to.

or did you just want some space to call people who want to play Champions childish geeks?

Posted: May 6th 2009 1:51PM (Unverified) said

@Venekor - why post saying something that pointless ??? no one cares if it doesn't appeal to you, it appeals to thousands of others around the world I'm sure you wont be missed in the CO universe.

On another note im so hyped for this game, i loved COX (one of the best mmo's iv ever played) i just hope they add supper basses at some point.

Posted: May 6th 2009 4:07PM Scarecrowe said

I really wish they'd post transcripts of these things. I don't do podcasts so this was just wasted effort.

Posted: May 6th 2009 10:12PM (Unverified) said

Good info, but next time please just sum things up. You explained everything completely, but a lot of it was repetition or unnecessary, and could have been explained just fine in about 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes. You gotta work on that! Otherwise nice job.

Posted: May 7th 2009 12:55AM Its Utakata stupid said

Thanks for the Pod Cast, I really appreciated a more indepth diescussion, feel and context to many of the things you guys have already covered, with new and interesting morsals thrown in. Looking forward to more posts about this game...

...though, the only thing I found dissapointing about the game so far as discussed: despite it's level of toon customzation, there is no customization of weapons. So my space age duel weilder for example has to walk around with 15th century feudal Japan kantana's. This will make it very awkward for RP'ing. Unless I heard that aspect of the cast wrong on this...which I hope I did.

PS: Kyle...thanks for not answering my question. It was a silly question cause a lot of good questions had already been asked.

Posted: May 7th 2009 9:49AM Hexagar said

thanks for the answers!! looking frwrd to buy this game :D

Posted: May 7th 2009 12:09PM (Unverified) said

great episode guys, really enjoyed it. thanks. would love to see some in game video is you are allowed :P

Posted: May 7th 2009 4:00PM (Unverified) said

@ Kyle Horner

I think you misunderstood my questions about Champions having too much similarity to CoH as me being a CoH fanboi discounting Champions. Far from it. I haven't played CoH majorly since it's first year and have only dabbled in it for a month time to time. CoH is very long in the tooth and has too many problems that were never addressed and it was never evolved into something more.

I'm excited about Champions because it is second generation super hero MMO. I have high hopes they bring all the fun parts from CoH (creation, powers, campiness) while fixing or removing all the negative parts. I have high hopes for Champions, and wish it only the best. And you can be assured I'll be buying a Collector's Edition when it comes out. Pre-ordered, of course.

Champions website just doesn't do a good job at getting across all the more advanced things MMO players want to know, it lacks a lot of information, and is not very well done. Sure, you could bounce around various sites little for bits of info, but it would be nice if their website was better done, or if there was a more hardcore fan site (like a WoW Insider for Champions) that had more info. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

So while I'm excited for it, I need a lot more info, and frankly, can't wait to play the game. I'm hoping it will end up being a fun distraction for when I just get bored of the WoW grind (which is right about... a week ago). I'm dying for something new and different now. I need to get my WoW Tourism on the move.

Posted: May 8th 2009 12:30PM (Unverified) said

I wasn't trying to pick on you or anything, your question just provided the opportunity for me to address something that's been bothering me in general for a little while.

I would say that a lot about City of Heroes has evolved. They added crafting, PvP and more recently a really awesome mission creator tool that completely reshapes the way community matters in the game.

Still, Champions Online is going to appeal to a lot of those people who didn't like City of Heroes. Also, it'll probably appeal to some CoX players as well. I agree that the Champs site could be more informative, but hey at least you've got us! :D

Posted: May 12th 2009 2:27PM (Unverified) said

What I really want to know is who / what will the primary opponents be?

In CoX, we spend 90% of the time fighting agents, goons with guns, knives, wands, etc... not supers.

The average CoX mission won't even have a super powered opponent, and taskforces or longer story arcs might only have one or two.

Will Champions have less agents and more supers for us to fight?

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014