Posted: May 1st 2009 1:36PM (Unverified) said

I played Lineage II a while back and I gotta say it had the makings of a great MMO of its day.
Unfortunately, although it was released 5 years ago, the design ideas a far older. It was made in a time when devs felt the way to keep people engaged was to make the grind more punishing with little regard for the actual quality of the game experience.
It released on the heels of WoW which showed us you can have a light grind and still hold our attention and interest for very long periods of time AND have fun doing it.
I also think NCSoft North America did a horrible job at administating/policing the game which even today has persistent bot problems.

Had L2 launched with the current leveling curve and had they been more vigilant in their bot policing, L2 may have made a great impact on the west as well as east.
In the year I played I experienced some of the most intense ingame politics and communities ever bar none.

To bad, so sad for L2, coulda, shoulda, woulda. Now its just another old timer typing to keep up with the new market but they missed their day like so many other NCSoft games.

Posted: May 1st 2009 4:29PM Rednights said

I loved the time I spent playing Lineage 2 and played it for 2 years. It's great to see it's still alive and kicking. Hopefully it's successor (cough AION cough) will have a more competent staff that won't let it be ruled by the farmers just in order to stay afloat.

Posted: May 16th 2009 8:36PM (Unverified) said

Torak, your completely wrong. WoW is a terrible game, with a worthless grind. Your only kept into WoW because of your lack of attention. Lineage II completely destroys WoW in gameplay experiance. The ONLY thing NCSoft got wrong in their game is bots/farmers.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 7:21AM (Unverified) said

You have done many interesting additions to the game with Gracia Final, but the problem is that the botting

Choose My Adventure: Firefall as it stands