Posted: May 1st 2009 7:13PM TheJackman said

I tell you this if this game is bigger them all bioware games together, include free moving around unlike the limit moving arenas from Mass Effect. Got some kind of space combat to complete the star wars feeling! Its good by to all other MMOs for good!

Posted: May 1st 2009 7:26PM MrGutts said

Interesting video and super cool video.

Anyone notice how the one environment artist kept saying "it was" fun to make that world or this world..

Posted: May 1st 2009 8:44PM mysecretid said

Wow. Bioware sure knows how to do professional-quality work.

It occurred to me too that Bioware and Lucasarts may have also set a new standard with these developer videos, in terms of how MMORPG makers release news of their game.

The days when you could just fling out a forum-post interview and a few screenshots, and call that enough, may soon be a thing of the past.

Here's hoping this game lives up to its promise!

Posted: May 1st 2009 9:03PM AlamoeJones said

i hope the developer videos, web comics, and everything else bioware have been putting out on this game aren't setting the standards for it impossibly high. although i fear that's whats happening, i'm still psyched, the game LOOKS great.

Posted: May 1st 2009 10:36PM Miffy said

Looks ok but the character models are just horrible and I hope the Planets are Seamless cause I couldn't play an mmorpg if it's all loading screens like Kotor. Oh I hope the combat is real time aswel cause Kotor's combat put me off playing after an hour or so.

Posted: May 1st 2009 10:36PM Miffy said

feed the world

Posted: May 1st 2009 10:40PM Keen and Graev said

I hope that the planets/zones are not redundantly instanced like AoC or GuildWars. I'm hoping for big planets like SWG. These look amazing.

Posted: May 1st 2009 11:27PM Miffy said

I liked SWG's design of the Planets and how you could place housing and player cities everywhere. However there wasn't enough content placed on them and I was hoping they'd fill the Planets out with lots of kool places like Jabbas palace, they didn't and the Planets ended up being mostly barren.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 6:50AM RogueJedi86 said

Granted that also left a flaw. With player housing everywhere, it made it hard for SOE to place content on planets. Want to place a new dungeon at X Y coordinates on Tatooine? Can't, you have a player city there on half the servers, and harvester farms on the other servers. I think LotRO's solved that though, with instanced neighorhoods.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 11:32PM karnisov said

yeah player housing definately needs to be instanced otherwise urban sprawl takes over. nothing more lame than seeing the dune sea covered in condos.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 6:26AM tRaFiK said

That was a fantastic video! The one thing I have noticed about the entire SWTOR production to date is that they havent over hyped anything. They are possibly the most cool and collected looking devs I've ever seen. The arent trying to sell the game from using one over used line or feature like "Full RvR Combat" "ENDLESS profession choices" or "Oh hai I've got DirectX 10"... not pointing the finger though! This game speaks for itself (I hope)...

But I do have to agree with comment 1 by jack, I really do hope that its a "Free Roaming" world and not restricted like Mass Effect or worse yet, AoC. This is the biggest killer and complete opposite of the word "Immersion". If I want to go run up that mountain or jump off that cliff than I should be allowed to jump off that cliff... Gawd it reminds me of the old days of Doom where the guy could take on hundreds of thousands of blood thirsty demons, yet didn't have the mental or physical capacity to jump...

On finishing I do apologise for my rants.. I've been up for several days and SWTOR just sends me all soft and gooey inside..

Posted: May 2nd 2009 8:21AM archipelagos said

We have obviously been watching different videos. I distinctly remember the video on how they're integrating storyline as being obnoxiously riddled with superlative language. You could probably find the article if you did a search.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 8:13AM Miffy said

Nah instanced player housing is lame, it needs to be seamlessly built into the world. It's quite a simple problem to fix with SWG cause what you could done is just packed up cities or housing and asked them to move and make some lore about it to shut the whining community up. There was so much unused space on them Planets that they could have made so much content and never really had to have done that. Don't forget also you could just create instanced dungeons to reduce the lag.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 9:40AM archipelagos said

The developers in that video, by and large, sounded really harsh, as if they'd been working for days non-stop. I imagine the schedule is pretty punishing. Much better video than the last few, but please give them some time off!

Posted: May 3rd 2009 3:55AM wjowski said

With plenty of unpaid overtime, knowing EA.

Posted: May 2nd 2009 5:50PM (Unverified) said

Don't Fire Eric!

Posted: May 3rd 2009 7:20PM (Unverified) said

Is that the first glimpse of the player UI that we've seen (over the shoulder of the world environment artist)? Seems to be following MMO/action RPG conventions with what appears to be a red "health" orb, a blue "mana/energy" orb, and a hotbar of skills between them. Reminiscent of the Diablo III setup.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014