Posted: Apr 30th 2009 11:13AM (Unverified) said

I think it's pretty commendable that they acknowledge that not everyone will be happy with the changes. Especially to their class. So, they're offered this as compensation, to help anyone completely disappointed w/ their class changes, but still wanting to play the game.

Plus, the openness to allowing players to respec cheap or free is a must w/ the changes coming.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 11:31AM postman said

so this in the AoC NGE that we are seeing here?

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 11:42AM (Unverified) said

LOL. Clever. ;)

It's like the NGE in reverse, b/c it's actualy a good change.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 11:59AM Grok said

THIS is how you reward people for sticking with a game through the ups and downs. Well done Funcom.

In one fell swoop you've communicated to your fanbase that you appreciate their loyalty, and that you're confident enough in the changes you've made that you don't have to force people to grind out low levels to draw out subscriptions.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 12:45PM (Unverified) said

----

Or another way of looking at it is youknow you're going to destroy the game's balance even further and so are offering everybody an opportunity to switch class when they discover their current character is now completely useless.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 12:18PM Crsh said

I haven't tried AoC again since I left in September after trying to stick to it for 3 months; the game was terrible then, I got to lv70 and finally had to admit what a lot of players were saying about the lack of content at higher levels was basically (and sadly) true.

I heard it got a lot better since then, and frankly I'm mostly happy that Gaute Godager is gone; perhaps it'll be time for me to check into it again when 1.05 hits the streets.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 12:25PM (Unverified) said

I read this and thought about reopening my account my for first time since I hit cap and got bored. I did actually enjoy the fighting at times

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 1:57PM The Last Metroid said

So is this basically the /level for DAoC? :P

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 3:40PM Jesspiper said

I've tried this game three seperate times now and was turned away every time. This incentive is cool, much like the /level of DAoC.

Still it's not enough for me to return, because it's not AoC's perks, graphics, combat or music that turned me away: all of the above are amazing.

It was the community. Easily the worst MMORPG community I have ever encountered.

So congrats to Funcom for somewhat turning this game around, but when you combine FFA PvP and pixel boobs, apparently the community is just not one for me.