Posted: Apr 29th 2009 10:28PM (Unverified) said

Seems after so many months they're finally realizing that if it's RvR game you should make content for that. The mother of all pvp goals is claiming things for oneself, and trying to defend it and control it, possibly managing passive defenses. If they do that right I might even consider returning.

But they gotta add more customization of the conquered territory and expand it everywhere and not just for the keeps.

First of all People would enjoy having a closer and more strategic control over the gates and turrets and guards, but they would also like to have more private stuff like a personal room they can furnish... fighting for that is the best cause in an online game.

Second and last point is that if war is everywhere then i'd expect to be able to fight for the control of any factory, a mill, a castle, a farm, an observatory, a mine etc., hold it with my guild, control the production of it, the related commerce, everything.

Work to make this "simple" feature and Warhammer online will be remember for the eons to come, no doubt. Please Mythic folks, seriously, do it. Contact me I'll help you for free.

Posted: Apr 29th 2009 11:39PM (Unverified) said

Interesting concept, but, I'm still unsure if I'll return.

I found the NPC keep guards to be way, way overpowered, at least in T2 and T3...

Combined with even a small force of PC defenders, claiming small lake keeps was requiring 20+ people to do in any reasonable amount of time, which my server just wasn't able to muster often.

If Destruction wants her keeps, let Destruction send real people, I say. DAOC's keep guards were cool, because they were chumps, and any solid group of 8 players could clear even the highest level of keep guards, including the Keep Lord.

As the previous commenter said, more capture objectives would be cool, too. DAOC eventually added towers throughout the lands for smaller guilds to grab up and hold... and the relics were pretty neat, too. Throw those kinds of things in there, figure out a better scheme for realm balance (to prevent a Destruction heavy server from always being destruction wins/order might as well quit), and I think I'd come back.

Also, a couple of the more dry scenarios could be spiced up with new rulesets. "Everybody get the guy with the flag" gets old, no matter if he's capturing it or running between troll camps, or has become stronger because he holds it. A couple more variations on conquest rules in scenarios would probably be more welcome by most than more convoluted "capture the flag" dynamics. I did enjoy the raw capture the flag scenarios though, just not the others.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 3:05AM (Unverified) said

On Xfire stats it shows WAR is now being played at less than 20% of its initial launch.
2700 ... Xfire players against the 16000 they had at launch. 6000 they had at Christmas.

So 150Ksubs ... and the rest of the servers become more and more low/low.

How sad this game HAD to be launched before WotLK.

If War was launched now it wouldn't have fallen this deep.

But now it's too late. No one buys a 10 months old game anymore. And the trial doesn't show the end game either.

Too little too late: you only have ONE shot at the market and that's launch.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 8:18AM MrGutts said

Well people may also not like the MTV X-fire anymore and moved on from it..

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 6:22AM Belmondo said

What I like/liked about Warhammer was its open group concept--the public quests, the open warbands, and even the focus on RvR which made it seem like we were all part of one group, the realm. I had a sense of my individual contribution helping the war effort. But these keep upgrades will lead the game away from this, into the same old drama of guilds jockeying for dominance on a server. It's already happening though, with larger guilds creating closed warbands and taking keeps on their own, etc. Oh well.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 10:35AM Thac0 said

Good, its about time they give more incentive to hold keeps they cost a small fortune to hold, pride only take you so far when it hurts your pocketbook with no payback.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 6:20PM mandarin said