Posted: Apr 27th 2009 8:29AM (Unverified) said

if i dont have work then yes i'll bang my head against the down servers until theyre up....hours later...it makes me sad.

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 8:42AM Minofan said

Yep ; I'm a sucker for patch days, launch days, headstart days etc.

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 8:52AM LaughingTarget said

I don't pay attention to when a patch day is. If it's a patch day when I decide to play, then I play. If I don't play that day, it isn't because of a patch but because I didn't feel like it.

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 9:06AM (Unverified) said

I play when I play. If patch day strikes while I am motivated to kill boars and rescue maidens I forge ahead without fear. If the server is really bad I nurse my hatred and forge it into a +10 sword of resentment. I then poke at the server and it's ugly masters with said sword and hope to deflect my pain back at the source.

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 9:10AM Arkanaloth said

depends on the game.. WoW, maybe.. depends on if it's a mega-patch or not, FFXI nope..

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 9:59AM (Unverified) said

A guild on my server managed to get the first Flame Leviathin down while we only made it halfway through the trash until the instance servers went DOWN. Bear in mind, we were the only server online, thumbs up Out of Line, you were on the right server at the right time >:(

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 1:11PM Scarecrowe said

If the game is WoW, I'll know that it's just not worth even trying to play on patch day. If the game is something else, most developers seem to actually attempt to test the patch rollout process so it goes smoothly. Of course, there is occasionally an exception to that... but I've never seen anything as consistent as Blizzard's patch day failures.

Posted: May 3rd 2009 4:18AM halfcaptain said

For EVE, yeah. If nothing else, I always log on on patch days to make sure I've got a long skill training queued up. I never know when I have to reinstall, and how much my laziness/my real life will get in the way of getting the game running again. And losing training time, especially days of it, hurts almost physically.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014