Posted: Apr 27th 2009 10:01PM Zombienutz said

I am a 25 year old male, and I was in the beta test for this game. I really enjoyed it, and guess what, I'm a happily married man living a normal "man" life! This game really does have something for everyone, and it is a lot of fun. I look forward to it going live and my wife and I playing it together.

Posted: Apr 27th 2009 11:47PM hami83 said

Please.
Free Realms is a giant, pretty and polished virtual chat room with mini games.

Of course people of ALL ages will find it fun.

Posted: Apr 28th 2009 10:02AM Thac0 said

• Half a heart
I cant belive I'm reading antoher Free realms article! Holy cow this site is really loosing credibility in my eyes when they devote so much time to chat rooms with minigames when they could be covering just about anythign else mmo related. IMHO that is.

Posted: Apr 29th 2009 3:40PM mszv said

The great thing about Massively is that they cover all types of multiplayer games, not just the traditional "hard core" classic MMORPGs.

I love Guild Wars more than anything (yes, I know, different architecture, understand). I also plan to get more into Everquest 2 over the summer, and start playing LOTRO again this summer - got to put that LOTRO lifetime subscription to use! But - I'm also very interested in different virtual world experiences. I sometimes drop into There and Second Life - I know some people in both virtual worlds. So of course I'm interested in Free Realms. Let's see - an MMO with minigames, racing, exploration, a bit of combat, it's free, and if you go with the enhanced subscription - cheap - let me at it! The visual style is not my preferred style, but the style is well done. I want to experience the world. I'm also going to see if other people I know might want to join me - we'll see.

It also makes sense to me that there is going to be increased coverage of a game as it gets ready for release and then comes out.

You know, if I wanted a site that only covered what I consider to be "hard core" virtual world games (and let's reiterate that I do play them) - I'd go there. The old "hard core" focus is so restrictive - that's only one way that you can structure an online game/virtual world experience, rather nichey, if you ask me. That's not what I come to Massively for. I expect Massively to expand my virtual world experience, not focus on only one thing. Good job Massively.

I also like the Massively style - chatty but intelligent, sometimes analytical, very wide ranging, and not snide or snarky. They aren't trying to impress anyone with how "kick butt" and "cool" they are. I like that.

WoW Archivist: Epics