Posted: Apr 24th 2009 5:04PM Misfit Toy said

This is where Lord of the Rings Online gets it right. It lets you have whatever level armor you want, but not have to be 'seen' wearing it. You can wear 'fashionably' whatever you want, but be equipped with the high level armor. Best of both worlds.

Posted: Apr 24th 2009 5:27PM (Unverified) said

EverQuest II has an "appearance slot" that solves this problem. You get the stat from items you equip in your main inventory slots, but people SEE what items you equip in your "appearance slots". Problem solved! Appearance slots unlock at level 20 (which is very quick to reach).

Posted: Apr 25th 2009 2:54AM (Unverified) said

I stopped reading after this: "The topic was free anime MMOs -- games people could pick up for little to no payment and actually play a quality game, rather than being tricked into another endless, rewardless grindfest."

Who cares what your article is about when you have such a strongly biased statement in your first paragraph? Maybe you should be playing Global Agenda since it is obvious you have one?

Posted: Apr 25th 2009 3:19AM Seraphina Brennan said

I think you perhaps read into my sentence a bit more than I intended. The topic of my speech was "MMOs for cheap people, grabbing an anime MMO on a budget." There are alot of horrible MMOs out there, especially in the anime MMO genre, that have little to no reward for endless hours of playing. There are a few that shine from the pack in special ways that I wanted to highlight for the audience.

I chose anime as the subject because I was speaking at, well, an anime convention. I chose the free market because sometimes it's hard to make a choice when you have so many games out there and a limited time to actually sit down and play them. I'm not sure how that is biased, exactly, as I simply tailored my panel to a need of the audience I was speaking to. People at the anime convention wanted to hear about anime MMOs.

Also, I mentioned that whole scenario, as it lead to me being introduced to S4 which is a free anime online shooter. I apologize if you took offense to any of that statement, it wasn't exactly meant to be "biased" in any way.

I play all games. Certainly there are those that I like for personal reasons. We all have those. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to give a game a fair shake when it obviously deserves one, even if it's not my style.

Posted: Apr 28th 2009 9:39AM (Unverified) said

this was a very misleading read. Good read, but misleading.

After the first paragraph preview of sorts through wowinsider.com, i was expecting a great article on little known, quality, free mmorpgs. Then it jukes off into fashion abruptly.

Maybe do an article on the aforementioned sometime?