Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 12:11PM koehler83 said

I got that email.

I would jump back into LotRO for a free week if it weren't happening right in the middle of the FreeRealms beta. I wouldn't say FreeRealms is better than LotRO at all. I just feel that bug testing is a greater good.

Sorry Turbine! I'll buy another month later in the year... maybe.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 1:23PM (Unverified) said

Now THAT is a "bring back" offer. Other games should be looking to Turbine and respond similarly.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 1:31PM (Unverified) said

Is it me, or are they having a "welcome back" event every other month? I'm not complaining...free XP FTW...but I kinda get the feeling they're a little desperate for more subscribers. o_0

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 2:11PM Boruk said

the only thing that keeps me from going back to LOTRO is the client side lag...my PC can run MMO's fine and never see lag...except in LOTRO

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 3:36PM (Unverified) said

If it was 'client side lag' then everybody playing the game would experience it, which we don't. That means there's something else at play there causing lag, not just blaming it on Turbine.

I'm always glad to see these events myself. I've got a lifetime subscription, so there's no real leaving or coming back for me, but more XP and little bonuses are always nice, as is having more people around to play with.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 2:19PM (Unverified) said

It looks like this might just be for the U.S. I was actually going to take them up on the offer and give it another go but I cant see anything about it on the EU site.

Oh well...

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 3:28PM (Unverified) said

I see they are not bringing back the lifetime membership this time...

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 4:29PM (Unverified) said

I came back to look at the maze. But the last 2 free offers I have not chosen to take. They have not put in the effort to address the issues I quit over, so I will not partake in their game.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2009 8:06PM v3rn said

If people are interested in lifetime subscriptions, just send Turbine an email. I emailed them a couple months ago, and they gave me the old price of $199 and I could get the lifetime subscription. I just had to give them the 'OK' and they charged my card that I had on file. They have great customer service, and I'm sure if you send a nice email they'd hook you up as well. I just told them I had been a subscriber since the game came out and also a beta tester and that I missed out on the lifetime membership price at $199 and they offered it to me.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014