Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 10:55AM Thac0 said

So does anyone know what the Magus mount will look like? I bet it will look like a blue glowy disk... not much incentive for the Magus to recruit if Mythic thinks the Magus mount is soo ugly they need to not show it LOL

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 11:03AM Enk said

There's no way I'd be able to recruit 6 people to play the game. Anybody I know that would be interested would have already tried the trial or bought the game. But those mounts are really cool looking. Definitely the best looking mounts in the game, and I'm so sick of my dwarf helicopter thing, I really wish there were other ways to get it.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 11:27AM (Unverified) said

jsut let friend know that have left, if they ever come back, to use you. It's cumlative, so you can recruit over the next month, 6 months, year, w/e.

It's a nice perk and incentive. Defenity something people will enjoy having. Personally though, I like the "side kick" (CoH lingo ;)) power you can get. I think that's fantastic.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 12:58PM Celestian said

I got to laugh at these mounts, why the hell are they giving mounts with wings when... they don't fly!

That's just ... dumb. I realize the dorfs have a hover mount but griffins and manticores don't hover insofar as fantasy beasts do anything I suppose.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 1:35PM Snow Leopard said

• 1 heart
In the amount of time it took me to read this article. I recruited six freinds to a game with winged mounts that actually do fly and got them all to maximum level...

True Story.

(hops on zebra unicorn mount awarded for recruiting one friend)
I also got Mystery here for free!

(Rides off into the sun set of Azeroth)

WoW Country: Come to where the flavor is.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 1:12PM Distaste said

This is a pretty poor attempt by Mythic to recruit players because they're desperate. Most of the people in their target market(PvP) have already tried the game and quit or heard the bad things about it via word of mouth. I bet they start offering full sets of gear for refer a friends soon as well.

Seriously if they just spent some time fixing the major problems instead of making "expansions" or promotional items they might actually get some customers back.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 3:00PM hami83 said

Every other MMO has incentives like this, including WoW. Does that mean their all failing too?

.... Moron.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 4:32PM (Unverified) said

Is he? I don't know? I won't agrue that the game is "failing". I don't think that's the case. It certainly failed me on a personal level.

But, there is a stink of deperation by Mythic in the sheer blitz of trials, rewards, and incentives they'll offer anyone willing to pay for the game for one month. Especially considering that it's the most recent AAA title released.

If this was say, City of Heroes or even LOTRO, I'd be less judgmental. But, for a 7 month old game that's the new big dog on the block, it seems desperate.

Then again, I do think the economy factors in. As well as EA's demands on the studio.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 4:30PM (Unverified) said

@ Hardy
If your car doesn't run are you going to spend time and money giving it a new paint job and a sweet new sound system...no ur gonna get your car running then add all the bells and whistles.

... Moron think before u insult someone

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 6:01PM Phone Guy said

Take your own advice. WAR is far from a broken down car. Plus it very foolish to assume that 100% of the companies efforts go into marketing rewards. They have teams that work on different content. Mythic's core developer base work on allot of the bugs. These marketing rewards are a handful of guys who have very little to do with bug fixing or major game improvements taking content that was in the game since beta and stamping a fresh label on it. Those mounts existed in beta. Most of the marketing rewards at this point seems to be stuff that was around in the early days that is just reworked to give some glam to players who are loyal to the game. Also its not really an act of desperation as it simply is a continuation of the cross brand promotions such as the Kossar's Helm with RA3.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2009 7:55PM (Unverified) said

Whatever, its never going to be available for the european aka "second class citizen" players anyway.