Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:16AM (Unverified) said

The artwork for both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 is definitely the best I've ever seen. While I don't exactly collect it I'm always amazed by the fact that it's possible to have such imagination, creativity and drawing skills.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

Guild Wars is so pretty

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:42AM (Unverified) said

Age of Conan has the overall best art direction. Period. In my opinion of course.

As for general artwork, I've seen to little to really have an opinion on which MMO has the best. It comes down to the individual artist anyway.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:54AM JohnD212 said

I'm starting to really like the Star Trek Online art....very nice!

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 9:13AM arnavdesai said

Guild Wars no dobut!! Daniel Dociu and co. are just out of this world when it comes to art style.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 10:43AM (Unverified) said

I love the art in LotRO (See: Moria), but I can't say with certainty it's the best because I can only compare it to WoW, which is honestly too cartoonish for my taste. I have seen the box art for Guildwars and it seems very nice. Is ingame art of the same flavor?

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:38AM Gaugamela said

And i would say that your post is extremely arrogant.
I don't think that WoW has the best art style of all games in history and i don't have anything seriously wrong with me so GTFO.
Well, i collected a lot of art from Hellgate London before it came out. I really liked the art. Pitty that the game turned to be a flop.
Otheer MMOs that i like to see the art of are LotRO (mainly because i am a LotR fanatic allthough i never played the game).
Many games have art that overlap with the IP in which they are based like LotR.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:24AM Scarecrowe said

Add me to the list of people with something seriously wrong with us!

Honestly, I don't care too much for the art in MMO's. I'm not a fan of WoW's look and detest the cel shading of Champions Online. I guess I'd have to say I like what I've seen of STO so far but can't really say that that has anything to do with the MMO as much as the IP.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:34AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Must agree with Doctor Adorah here.

Everyone who does not think WoW has the best art ever, either works for a competitor, or hates wow for some reason.

Everyone who looks at the art by itself, would say WoW art is the best art. There are even studies confirming that the art WoW has is liked more by the human brain than certain other types of art. What humans like and don't like is not so much about personal taste as people normally think.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 12:47PM Crsh said

Not really, given that not everybody who disagrees with your opinion is a raving fanboy paid by Blizzard's competitors. I can name you stuff I don't like about WoW's art direction, doesn't mean I hate the game or some other biased 1-sided opinion like that.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 2:14PM (Unverified) said

Not at all. World of Warcraft's art is generic, does not use enough of a colour palette and is nothing that spectacular at all, though I would never say it was bad.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:46AM SeanG said

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

Although the in-game graphics are certainly not up to par with other games, I prefer the concept-art and artist renderings of the WoW universe above all others that I have explored.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 1:07PM (Unverified) said

I think Guild Wars wins, even after 4 years. Tabula Rasa was also an amazingly gorgeous game (except for the trees...ick). For upcoming games, Huxley and CrimeCraft are going to blow people away.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 2:11PM (Unverified) said

Anything Blizzard does I melt for. No other MMO has really done it for me artistically and stylish. They all try to be too realistic or just look bland in my own opinion.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 4:21AM (Unverified) said

Warhammer online. Pretty bad-ass concepts.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 3:42PM Jesspiper said

ArenaNet (Guild Wars) without question.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 4:15PM Daegalus said

I would have to say the best art I have seen so far is the Warhammer Online concept arts. Some of the most amazing pieces of art ever. If you haven't seen them, go to the Concept Art section of the WAR website.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 4:20PM (Unverified) said

I must say it's a close contest between WoW's Samwise art and WAR. Altho, I have to point out that the image showing above the article is actually from Warcraft 3, not WoW.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 4:37PM (Unverified) said

Lineage II. Guildwars, Aion, and many others have only taken the beauty that Lineage II started with, and are only pale shadows so far.