Posted: Apr 20th 2009 3:23PM (Unverified) said

I think this is the best article yet. Why? Because it is giving away a nice shiny battleship to one very lucky Massively reader, and Eve fan. What could be better than that...

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 3:22PM (Unverified) said

My Favorite articles were the Electronic Warfare series, the idea of being an ECM boat got me interested into the game and got me started. The recent ECM nerf hurt a little.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 3:33PM (Unverified) said

I enjoyed the PVP Masterclass series the most but I also enjoyed the Top 10 Eve Video one as it listed a couple I had missed.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 3:54PM SeanG said

I would have to say the EvE videos piece as well. Some brilliant videos have been made and contributed greatly to keep me logging in. I applaud you for giving them the focus they deserve.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 6:04PM Dirame said

A guide to probing was my favourite article, mainly because it showed me a very different approach to probing and it officially gave birth to the "Probin' Ninja" title in-game and has also allowed me to develop my own techniques. I shared the link with a few friends, probing has never been made easier.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 7:25AM (Unverified) said

The guide to the learning skills was so usefull! Made the game SO much easier to play. Who knew? It should be required reading for all Eve noobs!

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 7:36PM Pacey said

I'm a big fan of the server explanation even thought its a bit outdated now. Sure Infiniband isn't rolled out (as far as i know) but the 'Need for Speed' initiative has helped in so many facets of the game. the PCU is now at 50K + and Jita regularly breaks 1000 players.

I absolutely love this game.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 7:37PM (Unverified) said

My favorite article was the series on tanking. Not because it was personally informative, I was already aware of everything presented, but because it was something I could easily point to the newbies in my corp on how to properly fit their new cruisers. There are other guides, but I liked how yours was very high level, and didn't really go into specific modules nor into anything that required a lot of high skills.

Other than that, your guide on probing was the most personally informative. I liked how you went over the 'radar' and 'scattergun' techniques; at that point I hadn't seen any *written* guides on how to perform those techniques and the provided pictures helped a lot.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:08PM (Unverified) said

My fav article is "Making EVE beautiful",

I'm so looking forward to see the revamped planets, even X3 has better planets graphics other then that I'm pretty curios how will eve look like in about 2years :D

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 8:19PM (Unverified) said

The most useful article for me was the guide to probing in Apocrypha. I really didn't relish the idea of getting into the game and experimenting - I just want to learn how things work, and then go out and do them!

And a big thanks to Brendan and all of Massively's other EVE contributors for giving a fairly niche game the coverage it deserves.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 9:02PM Xanija said

I enjoyed the article "EVE Evolved: Mercenaries, the hired goons of EVE" most. Why? It explains, what makes EVE different to most other MMORPGs out there these days. This game is not about getting the best raid gear available (until the next expansion makes it worthless again....), it's the sandbox style and that's what I love about it.

This article and "EVE Evolved: Freeform professions" are those which show this aspect most. I hope to read more about such professions in future.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 10:03PM (Unverified) said

The Top 10 Videos article pushed me over the edge of curiosity and into the land of subscription. They are all good reads but that one has to be my favorite.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 10:16PM Wgraves said

Top ten videos all the way!

its really nice just having a decent eve news source overall tho... keep up the good work!

You may wanna specify t1 non-faction else your gonna have folks asking for officer equipped machariels and the like.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 10:18PM Brendan Drain said

Heh, yeah. It'll be a standard tech 1 battleship (not a special faction one) and fittings will be tech 2 or named as appropriate.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 11:46PM (Unverified) said

Top 10 videos, definitively. Had a nice day watching those.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 12:24AM (Unverified) said

top 10 videos.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 12:50AM (Unverified) said

EVE Evolved: A year of EVE Evolved - part 1 for the chance to win a battleship :P

There all good articles, some have content more towards my liking. But in the end, there all winners.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 2:31AM (Unverified) said

Wow a year, well congrats on the anniversary! Keep up the good work.
I have to say my favorite was "The cost of failure" cause i keep about 10 fitted frigates ready to go now.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 8:09AM (Unverified) said

I liked the new player guide one, was actually some pretty good advice there and as i spend a fair amount of time talking to and helping newbies, was a good point to refer them to when they raised questions.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 1:20PM (Unverified) said

These are by far the most in-depth articles on the web and the best resource I have found about Eve Online. While it's hard to pick a favorite among these articles, I would have to choose the ECM article because I am an E-warfare pilot and it is a difficult thing to find a well-written definitive guide on the subject on the matter. Often, the forum posts on the topics are incomplete, confused, partisan, or imprecise. Thank you so much for your column and keep up the good work!