Posted: Apr 17th 2009 2:32PM (Unverified) said

great news, i love that turbine patch the game in such a stress free way. i hope us EU players don't have to wait too long this time.

good stuff guys :)

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 8:10PM (Unverified) said

"The biggest change for this patch is the new quest guide system is out of beta and now turned on by default for all players"

Without being too rude, have you been playing the game for the past 3 weeks Jon? The biggest note is at the very bottom of the patch notes: "Several changes have been made to address server performance and stability"

On another note, I'm a little behind on content but I finally got into Moria and i'm having a great time. Props to Turbine for making a great expansion to an already great game. Now hopefully server stability is fixed for good in this patch.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 8:31PM Muchomojo said

Not sure when we EU players will get the patch, hopefully next week. Not meaning to sound pissy, but there are a lot more 'issues' need addressing at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but Volume II book 7 is by far the weakest release for the game to date... role on Book 8

Posted: Apr 19th 2009 10:11PM (Unverified) said

to be honest I personally Think this patch is vital, I am sad to say even tho the player base is still strong in lotro, it does not seem to be growing and some of these changes including the free trial right now should help with this problem<

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 10:30AM (Unverified) said

I'll never understand how it takes a month to fix a raid lock that they obviously didn't bother to test in the first place. This game is going downhill and fast. Intermediate stability patches? Yeah, that would be any person's first clue on how the state of things are right now in LotRo. Glad to see the BA firedot remains unchanged though. I'm sure creeps are having fun playing by themselves these days.

Posted: Apr 20th 2009 12:53PM Softserve said

I can't claim how "true" this is, but they've stated that that issue is something they could have never could have seen through testing... Sometimes things just happen in the live environment (more players, for one thing) that can't be foreseen.

I won't deny that they've had a LOT of problems lately, although some of them are more on their server provider's end than theirs specifically. I hope they get through this rough period.

Frankly, they've done so well in the past that I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of a doubt... but that's just me.

Posted: Apr 28th 2009 1:39PM (Unverified) said

Seriously Lotro is not going down hill yes turbine have made a few noob like mistakes but they know what they are doing.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM