Posted: Apr 16th 2009 3:41PM (Unverified) said

WAR is doing better. The direction it's going is good. Still not at a level I'll pay for, but like AoC, I'm willing to bet in 6 months to a year, it'll be a great game.

I just need to see where City Seiges are 100% stable for mid to high end rigs, rewards in seiges are being distributed properly, contribution has been corrected, carrers are remotely balanced, and tactics and abilites are 95% working as intended. Then, I'll be happy to resub.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 3:59PM Crsh said

Nice, I guess I just got so used to Blizzard's way of tagging stuff as "soon" and not see it happen for 6 months+, this is a nice surprise indeed. I can't wait to install this tonight and see how the combat responsiveness has improved.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 4:00PM Boruk said

After playing World of Collectibles for so long, and now trying the WAR trial...this is a great game and far far improved from beta (which i was in).

Looks like I'll be going from a game with WAR in the name to playing a WAR in a game

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 4:17PM (Unverified) said

Combat responsiveness improvement seems successful so far. My Chosen's auras, in particular, were easier to twist as they fired real-time, rather than in a vague queue order.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 5:23PM (Unverified) said

I have to say 1.2.1 is by far the best patch this game received so far. It really addressees what what bothering people the most.

Class adjustments are bang on, game is more responsive, the new graphics for some spells and items are great. The new Token system is godsend and upgradeable keeps are just amazing.

I didn't have this much fun in mmorpg since....since I started up beta of Warcraft for the first time.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 5:51PM Keen and Graev said

Time to return!

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 9:19PM (Unverified) said

You and everyone else. Order is getting our asses handed to us on my realm...all the veteran Destro players have hopped back into the game and are destroying t4.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 5:59PM (Unverified) said

I tried it on 1.2 and I liked it, it still doesn't run all that well on my computer though. I'll be waiting for 1.3 and see if it improves frames

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 10:48PM Chriskovo said

• 1 heart
Not sure what you guys are talking about but this was one of the worst patches that i have seen for Warhammer. Play a little rvr and you will see. They cut in half the amount of renown that you get for bos and for Keep capturing(add this with the face of diminishing returns on killing people in rvr and reown gain gets slower and slower the more u play!!!!). They have doubled the hp of ever keep door so that you cant even bring down the inner door before the outer door respawns. Add that to the fact that no matter what you do with the ram now it only does a set amount of damage no matter what percentages u get with your swings. It takes like no joke 20 to 30 min per door with NO action from the other side!!!!!!! Keeps will now be impossible to take if defended and if they are not defended its a snooze fest!!. Added to this they started the damn token thing. For tier 3 it takes 130 tokens to purchase your rvr gloves and shoulders each!!!. An item that you could purchase for 20 silver previously so you could start your tier set now turns into a wow grindfest. Also you need to acutally take the tokens off of corpses to get them. If u are defending a keep well guess what you are just screwed!! It makes defending your keeps a pointless affair. Granted drops from chests give u some tokens but its not nearly enough to compenstate for the amount of them that you need. It is just ridulous, I could under stand like maybe 20 tokens but 130? for one damn item???? The developers better get their heads out of their asses and fix this or they will lose thier player base very fast.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 4:51PM Orekri said

While those are valid concerns, they are not always going to be that way. Right now the devs have stated they are working on a lot more to do with the Ordnance system to make the attacks much easier. They just need to get the defensive one in place first or taking a keep would be easy and keep swapping would start again. They also have stated they are working on a system to get tokens from defense as well. They are trying to encourage city sieges, and getting crests from players of higher renown rank causes them to drop crests instead of officers medallions. Crests can be broken down into something like 5 medallions as well and you get a crest for each state of a siege/fort take you do. The old systems for getting gear are still in place as well, they just are using the token system to supplement them to help the side get geared more quickly overall. This isn't the WoW arena system, the endgame gear progression is supposed to take time and effort to achieve. In t4 I had 3 pieces of Annihilator waiting for me in my bank before i even hit 40, and I have awful luck, so it is possible to get the lesser pieces quickly. Also they stated that they reduced the renown gain for taking bfos and keeps only in the short term to discourage zone point swapping and to encourage players to actually lock the zone down. Once the zone locks, which may take some defending, you get all that renown and bonus renown for each one. I for one am waiting to see what they do for melee using the Ordnance System, keeping my fingers crossed for Orcapults to lob me over walls or ladders to put on keep walls for easy access, they have hinted to both at various times. Just look on the bright side, the higher the level of the keep you are taking, defended or not, the more bags drop, and guild leaders auto get a gold back when they took a keep and a zone locks, which can be mailed to anyone in their guild. It is not the end of the world if you cant get your sovereign set in a few months, you arent meant to and never will be.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 4:22PM TheJackman said

This guys here up mostly the ones with world of warcraft refs are people that maybe not even play the game... The true is that Blizzard's game got tons of more content and also people talking that Blizzard late 6 month with patchs but not is true!

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 11:07PM Keen and Graev said

Okay, so it takes 130 tokens.

Can we get some info on how many tokens you get per kill or per keep capture?

If you get 1 from a keep and 1 from random kills then that is indeed ludicrous.

Posted: Apr 16th 2009 11:17PM Chriskovo said

You get 2 if you dont win any bags after killing a keep lord. you can get some from loot bags too though i dont know a number. Tokens are random drops off of dead toons but you only get one and most of the time everyone rolls need on them. Looks like some rvr quests give u some but i only got 3 for doing one quest so your basically screwed with the stingy amount u get.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 1:18AM Keen and Graev said

Okay, sounds like they need up up the token drops or decrease the costs then.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 5:51AM (Unverified) said

Still I'm not going to re sub my account. Art design is so poor that its so dull to look at your toon when fighting or not.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 4:24PM TheJackman said

Yeah the art sucks big time one of the things I did like in World of warcraft was exploring the world designers doing a great job. Here in WAR I feel like I am living in a Cardbox world.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 5:05PM Meurik said

One thing to consider is that Blizzard and World of Warcraft have had almost 5 years to mature to the point it's at now. Mythic and Warhammer Online have had less than 1 year so far. I'm sure as time moves on, things will improve for the better. World of Warcraft had major problems in it's early patches. And while still not a "perfect game", where it's at today is a lot better than where it started at.

Posted: Apr 18th 2009 2:11AM (Unverified) said

Not mentioning the animations which by far the worst I've seen in payed mmo to play. Point blank morale skill of a shadow warrior is like shooting free throw hoops in basketball. What an animation is that instead of firing arrows at your target. So pathetic that people who still pay to play the game are fooling their selfs that war is huge and everywhere, its so sad that reality bites the dust. War for me is a perfect example of an Epic Failed. The sad part is they're so optimistic that it would be great someday which is not going happen.

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 2:42AM (Unverified) said

What a fool I was in believing the fan boys.

Loaded up the game again and paid that silly one month sub. This game didn't change its engine at all.

Ok, so now you see more synchronisation between the animation and the actual spell cast, but NO way you feel the combat.
Not even talking of the lag when 20 people play in the same place. I even think that got even WORSE than 6 months ago.

You know what the problem is? It is the engine of War. it just is not up handling large amount of graphical data in a consistent way.

Add to this the dreadful art and very mediocre game play.

Again they stole one month subscription out of my pocket.

Last time they did.