Posted: Apr 17th 2009 1:36AM (Unverified) said

Just as a note, EVE University is virtually "out of business" due to the continual wars being declared on it. To avoid having "noob" students being ganked out of space constantly, the university asks its students to either (a) just participate in classes on a special chat channel, or (b) hide in their hanger until the University staff allows them to come out (typically as part of a multi-ship planned combat maneuver).

Needless to say, neither prospect is all that attractive.

It wouldn't surprise me if "law abidding" corporations in EVE adopt the same tactics to disrupt pirate teaching organizations.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 3:55AM SeanG said

I actually think that's unlikely. Not trying to outright disagree with you, and believe me I'd love to see that, but there really aren't that many anti-piracy groups willing to do that and the normal piracy targets (read: carebears) are certainly not going to.

Posted: Apr 17th 2009 6:58PM (Unverified) said

Surely a war dec would be meaningless against a pirate corporation since they wouldn't be based in high sec space anyway? Would they?

Posted: Apr 18th 2009 8:33AM (Unverified) said

Oh I'd -LOVE- if people went after The black Rabbits Academy.... I like the guys, dont' get me wrong, but if anyone tried to take them down, that just means more targets for us pirates in the area. Plus... anyone trying would undoubtedly fail I'm afraid =S

TGA and VETO have a good prescence there and that's just the icing of a very big cake of people who want you dead in the region

Posted: Apr 19th 2009 10:14PM (Unverified) said

I personally think something like this is needed to keep new players in the game, since eve is not the easist game to learn its nice for the noobs to get some training.

Posted: May 12th 2009 3:32PM (Unverified) said

Agony Unleashed, However, is still in business and running classes. There is extremely high demand for the classes but they have an in-game mailing list that lets you know when new classes will be announced. Visit www.agony-unleashed.com for more information.

-- Rells