Posted: Apr 14th 2009 9:12PM AlamoeJones said

i wish someone had told me fishing trainers would now be doing up to artisan before i went on a training spree last night and wasted a ton of money on books!

Posted: Apr 14th 2009 11:15PM Alpoe said

Gotta read those ptr patch notes man

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 5:05AM (Unverified) said

I await the new PvP gear and season.

And while I am doing this, see me playing The Argent tournament.

One of the best things in WotLK was the feeling that you were part of the famous 7th Legion when leveling in Dragonblight.

I don't like the raids/dungeons that much. Whiping too much on new tactics and bosses is not my cup of tea. I'll do the walking when every body has done the talking.

And those stupid whiners are now responsible for the difficulty in Ulduar.

Give me VoA and it's PvP lottery every day. Pure fun without nerds to inspect you if you fall short of 0.5% healing or dps.

Advice to Blizz: kill the whiners on the forums and make the game a pleasure to play and not a pleasure to torture "normal" guilds.

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 6:25AM (Unverified) said

Excuse me, but Naxx10 and Naxx25 are arguably the easiest raid encounters since the last 4 years. With of course, the exception of VoA and OS. Players like you don't get the grand picture. If your guild fails at any of these encounters as a "normal" guild, your guild either lacks the skill or intellect(Naxx10) or even the gear(From Naxx10, to do Naxx25) to finish these encounters and is indeed not qualified to enter anything that even remotely simulates BWL difficulty. While BWL was alot of stress and going beyond BWL even more, it was also alot more rewarding to alot of players.

Personally I don't desperately want to go back to those days, but that doesn't mean, that the current dungeons aren't way too easy. by way I do mean wáy.

I think it's a good thing that they're slightly upping the difficulty again, to you know, seperate the actual skilled player from the average Joe. However hard that might be to take for the average Joe, gaming is about prestige and Blizzard itself admitted that they wanted to level the playing field with Naxx10 and 25, to increase difficulty in Ulduar.

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 1:36PM (Unverified) said

Gaming is about prestige? No, no it isn't. At least not for everyone. Some people game just for the pure fun of it and couldn't care less if they appear uber in the eyes of anyone else. And a lot of these very same people believe it is unfair that certain bits of content and story are reserved only for those who wish to have this so-called "prestige".

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 9:15AM fzzzt said

Yawn.

More of the same crap, I'd wager. If it were difficult, like PoF or PoH in Kunark EQ days, maybe I'd care.

If you have fun still, though, more power to you.

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 12:10PM (Unverified) said

Is this the patch where they made the game full-autopilot and plays itself, or does it still occasionally force you to look at the screen and hit a button now and again?

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 1:41PM (Unverified) said

"So, you've not logged into WoW in months or maybe never, what do you need to know?"

If you're brand new to WoW, this post is kind of moot since all the things discussed here are high level content.

P2

Posted: Apr 15th 2009 5:13PM (Unverified) said

You didn't get the email? For $75, you can get a geared level 80 Death Knight, your choice of race, added right to your account. So many WoW players were complaining about the hassle of, you know, leveling and learning their class, and it was seriously cutting into their /trade spam, that Blizzard decided to cut to the chase and just sell toons. That way, for a modest investment, you too can be standing around Dalaran for hours, looking like a tool, waiting to go on your next gear grind.

Next patch, they're adding the ability to pay for Arena points, since they felt that Arena/PVP was too focused on skill and not many people were able to actually, you know, faceroll their way to decent ratings.

Posted: Apr 28th 2009 1:36PM (Unverified) said

I also make sure I read the patch notes of every patch otherwise I always miss things and end up making a tit of myself haha

Posted: May 21st 2009 5:37AM (Unverified) said

these comments are why i quit wow every few weeks.

If its too difficult for you, its not *for* you.

Nothing is difficult if you pay attention and learn, remember Super Mario? learn the pattern, beat the game. Now you want no pattern, no challenge, no pleasure.

Just go back to halo or whatever rock you came from, "nerd" as insult speaks volumes about what style of gamer you are. And thats the kind i used to play MMO's to get away from.