Posted: Apr 11th 2009 5:57PM (Unverified) said

Now I feel like giving this game a second look! I wonder if my characters are still there.

Posted: Apr 11th 2009 9:07PM mysecretid said

Coincidentally, I just re-upped on a whim for the first time since launch myself, and I'm really liking it too. A lot has changed, and the option to solo makes a big difference to me.

I notice that you can find a "level quest listing" on a tab on your character sheet, which tells you which quests in your level range have a solo-option, and which don't. So far, there seems to be a lot for the solo player and the team-friendly. If this keeps up, I may just stay!

Posted: Apr 12th 2009 9:34AM (Unverified) said

Oh, then just wait for Module 9 which is now on test servers : ). Dungeons will be scalable for smaller parties, as well as solo play - toughest monsters will have less hp. And this will be an active change, so if you'd get another party member or lose one, monsters will be balanced on the fly : ). Just note it may still need some fine tuning, as it's a new feature coming soon.

If you like it now, after Mod 9 I think you'll be completely amazed about how this game got better. Great number of UI changes, Loot All, quests navigation, shrines and chests on maps, first person view as an option, the list is long.

To Kyle Horner, author of the article:
Of course, rogues can disable traps : ). Or if you have good Intelligence and search skill, you may find traps at least. Spot also helps, as this skill, based on Wisdom, will let you know you sense "danger" (trap) somewhere near.

Big thanks for writing this up, you're great Massively!

Posted: Apr 12th 2009 2:12PM karnisov said

• 1 heart
traps are a joke in DDO, they are always in the same place. and since dungeons are static, replayability is severely limited. unless you like running static content over and over. i guess some people dig that.

Posted: Apr 13th 2009 12:26PM fzzzt said

Just FYI, EverQuest has traps. I remember 40 person raids waiting on Rogues to go ahead and disarm some traps before we ventured in (I think it was ssra).

Posted: Apr 14th 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

@ etheral.wolf
Random traps have been incorporated in quests since Module 4. We are now soon at Module 9.

About static content, how about this quest concept: "get me 10 of x, from the y that can be found in z. Then come back here for reward." Repeat ad nauseam. I take hand-crafted, well written, well-paced real _quests_ over that any day myself - especially combined with DDO's amazing active combat and real character building. Snoozers can keep their macro grinds.