Posted: Apr 10th 2009 6:16PM (Unverified) said

In beta and it is fun :) not peggle fun, but fun all the same

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 9:18PM (Unverified) said

I want this to be good, as I've been a Mad Max nut for years and years.

The lack of actual gameplay footage and details worries me. The new gameplay trailer is just the old footage recut... the last time I saw that, it ended up being Conan.

Forget the grass roots campaign and show us the game you guys. Forget hyping, you can call it the greatest thing since sliced bread, and it does seem alot of media is ignoring this game's existance, but if you want to get word out give us the meat. Stop hiding your game if you're truly proud of it. I want to see vids of people using the cars. I want to see vids of people crafting. I want to see a city being taken in PVP.

SHOW US SOMETHING, QUIT HIDING YOUR GAME

it reflects very badly

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 11:54PM Softserve said

I'd be more concerned if they didn't have a fairly active beta program... and they do.

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 11:59PM Nadril said

This one's really flown under my radar, haven't really paid attention to it like I have Earthrise.

Posted: Apr 11th 2009 1:25AM (Unverified) said

Earthrise looks better strictly speaking graphics wise, but its world with higher technology is why I havn't followed it at much. While I know Earthrise has its followers and is magazine coverage, I'm liking the wasteland/fallout aspect of Fallen Earth.

And that's true Tony, they do have a beta going for them, which is more than Conan ever had before launch. Conan gave 1 hour on 1 day for PVE, then 1 hour on one day of PVP haha. Still, I think if they want the hype machine working in their favor, they need to start showing more of how the crafting and other core areas of the game works.

Posted: Apr 11th 2009 8:49AM Tom in VA said

I think the "M" rating is going to hurt this game, frankly, but ... whatever. It certainly removes FE from my own radar, as I'm not going to play an MMO I can't play with my kids.

But maybe this is a good thing, however, since there are other games in development that look more interesting to me anyway. This rating just makes my decision that much easier.

Posted: Apr 13th 2009 3:26PM (Unverified) said

With the sheer number of MMOs out there now, I'm glad a few of them are creating a more mature environment. I've had my fill of cartoon or anime style fantasy worlds. This world feels much more gritty and real, which for me makes it more immersive. They are taking a risk by not creating another WoW clone and I applaud that. From what I've experienced they are going for more of a "real" experience as opposed to a catering, or convenient one, while still making it fun.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014