Posted: Apr 9th 2009 8:12PM (Unverified) said

It sounds like they're taking the complete opposite approach to space sims than Eve took. Which can't be a bad thing.

I did cringe a bit at the massive space battle. Epic Battle + Twitch Based Combat + Lag = Fail

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 3:36PM (Unverified) said

yup im skipping this game.

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 7:29PM Wensbane said

I don't crave it, so please speak for yourself. If I'm ever in the mood for a (great) sandbox game, I'll just fire up good ol' EVE.

Jumpgate Evolution is a Space Action MMOG, with a huge emphasis on the ACTION part. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and you shouldn't expect it to be "EVE2 - now with extra twitch!"...

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 9:09AM Grok said

Yeah Hermann definitely took a swipe or two at EVE there with talk about tutorials and difficulty. But as marketing ramps up I think he needs to.

At the same time, I don't dig this style of marketing video. I don't need to have the concept of an MMO explained to me and neither do most gamers at this point.

Let's hope the next videos are less vague and glossy and more informational.
I can't wait for the game myself.

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 10:37AM (Unverified) said

God, it's looking and sounding like wow in space more and more... fuck this game... So dissapointing that it's going to be an MMO on rails... hurry! Lets go kill the same boss over and over again! Then we can hop into the same PvP instance 500 times to grind honor points! WOO! what happened to the sand box that was JGC?

The forums are pathetic too, they say they interact... that's bullshit, you have different groups of people tearing that forum apart with NO interaction from the staff, it's worse then the EVE forums...

Hoping dark prophecy will bring the action sandbox most of us crave...

Posted: May 17th 2009 11:43PM Slob Zombie said

What's an "action sandbox" and why do you think everyone craves it? I don't want that. I like PvE challenges. I like readily available instanced PvP (as long as the mechanics are provided for some decent world PvP too). Seems to me like a lot of that games you'd classify as sandbox, like JGC and maybe Darkfall, are just games without content. The devs tell you to make your own content and you think it's a good thing.

To NetDevil, how about a dev diary sneak peek at your damn in-cockpit view? The game launches in 2 months and I've yet to see what it looks like in there.

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 5:07PM (Unverified) said

1. What's an "action sandbox" and why do you think everyone craves it?

Sandbox game is a game where the players create the action buy building and maintaining empires and alliances. Much more entertaining then a MMO on wheels 'go quest here, go do this, go do that'

2. and why do you think everyone craves it?

read the forums, you will find the majority of the players (old and new) want this

3. I like readily available instanced PvP

You mean playing the same thing over and over again? go play counterstrike....

4.like JGC and maybe Darkfall, are just games without content.

those games didn't give the players the TOOLS to generate their own content! EVE hit it on the head with the ability to control lawless space... THAT'S how you get a sandbox game going. Have the players build! Content doesn't have to be handed to a person... thats what single player games are for.

I am just disappointed that the dev's promised that it wasn't going to be WoW in space, and then make WoW in space. Either way, this is just what I am seeing. I am still hoping it'll have a good enjoyable game... I don't want eve with fighter jets either, but there are elements from both games that should be used... We'll see when beta comes out.

Posted: Apr 10th 2009 2:08PM karnisov said

well the only thing that bugs me is the mention of "rank" and equipment. it kind of sounds like the game is going to reward time in game more than personal skill. which makes JGE no different than any other mmo. i'm disappointed, i was hoping JGE would shed the old character skill model and go more for player skill.

Posted: Apr 30th 2009 2:11PM (Unverified) said

I find it funny that most complaints are scoffing JGE with high praise of WoW and EVE....

These two games are
A: intensively populated by the players that MAKE the games fun,
B: have taken years to refine into what makes them popular, and
C: probably recieve 100 fold more bitching from its own playerbase than any of the speculation jockeys can dish out on JGE.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories