Posted: Apr 8th 2009 7:15PM (Unverified) said

"At this rate, it won't be long before science fiction and post-apocalyptic themed games are as ubiquitous as fantasy titles in the MMO marketplace."

I, for one, can't wait. There's only so many times the same spell can be renamed, or you can swing a sword with a different animation.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 7:26PM elocke said

Ok, the music in this is INCREDIBLE. Now that I got that out of my system, I don't like EVE very much, and this looks like a souped up EVE, BUT....this trailer was so cool, that I actually want to try this game as soon as it launches. Well done on the trailer and throwing us some actual in game footage. Another game to put on my must try list.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 7:35PM Russell Clarke said

Mmmmmm, nice explosions. Good to see a trailer that hasn't been got to (too much) by the marketing department :)

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 9:25PM (Unverified) said

Watched the YouTube HD stream. Either the camera pilot is a noob that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn or the controls are difficult to master, that was my impression. Interesting but nothing gripping at this point.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 9:55PM Russell Clarke said

We were all Noobs once. Perhaps he's on his L plates?

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 10:16PM (Unverified) said

Hey another space ship game...

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 11:01PM (Unverified) said

Here is the direct download link for the video (wmv file instead of that zip file)

Enjoy

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 12:00AM Lateris said

Will there be any avatars in this game?

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 1:37AM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
On the rails spaceflight and wep physics. PASS.

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 7:56AM (Unverified) said

Rail flight?? No way.This is not a flight on the rails model.This is not Star Wars Battlefront 2 you know.

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 3:52PM (Unverified) said

Okay... did I just see giant ship vs. giant ship fighting with different people manning the turrets because that would make my day!!! I mean... I would totally dig flying with other peoplin in a giant space cruiser.

Eve's magic is little bit by little bit draining away, and all I am seeing left is the leftover carcass of a game that has been cut up and swished around so much the original image is all but gone. The whole "real world" thing isn't cool anymore either, especially when a corpmate gets his stuff blown up... then you just feel bad for him because he's a broke dude.

Then there's all the little stuff that the B.P trailer had that I wish Eve had...
For instance, having to dock in a station to switch mods... or transfer things from your storage to your ship's cargo... if you can just get the whole thing done in the cockpit... while out in space... that would be lovely. Then there's Eve's stargate system... having to go even 1 jump now feels like a chore because it's just horrible and without an autopilot warp to 0 option... screw that. The guy in B.P selected a mission... and boom- loading screen- fight. That's what I want. Instant loving.

I'm already switching over to Jumpgate Evo but if B.P ends up being better... nice!

Posted: Apr 21st 2009 7:15PM mysecretid said

I guess the question which no one's explicitly asked yet is this one:

With EVE Online and Jumpgate Evolution already happening, what will Black Prophecy bring which should make us prefer it over the other two games?

I'm not trolling, I'm seriously asking. Before I buy it, I want to know what makes it worth choosing above the competition.