Posted: Apr 7th 2009 10:00AM Thac0 said

I am the target audience! I have been in the past a hard core MMO player but now need something more casual and I hate levels. This is made for me and I wants it now! :D

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 10:05AM (Unverified) said

"I think that Conan had a pretty good launch"

L
O
Fucking
L

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 11:06AM Rollins said

From a technical perspective, Conan's launch wasn't bad. It was most certainly playable. The content was just sorely lacking. I see Ragnar's point about it.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 11:10AM (Unverified) said

----

Sorry, but that's just a ludicrous statement to make. AoC was in NO WAY stable or technically sound at launch. Unless crashing every 30 minutes, having a hideous memory leak and framerates in the seconds per frame rating (with everything switched to low) aren't what you consider "bad."

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 12:56PM Thac0 said

At launch i had no technical issues at all. I had steady frame rates of 40+ fps on high settings and never crashed. I think that most people who complain about AoCs launch had computers running below the optimum specs.

I do agree that the content was lacking at launch but they have been doing great at adding more from what I've seen but I am no longer playing as its just not the game for me even though i think it IS a very good game.

I think that id AoC is any indication of how nice looking this game will be that is good and as long as they have the RPG part of the game squared away as well as having enough content at launch to keep people motivated this will be a fantastic game.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 6:12PM Rollins said

What THAC0 said. The memory leak issue was significant, but aside from that the game was completely playable. I had pretty good framerates with my 8800GT on high settings.

That said, if you couldn't run it on high, you probably couldn't run it at all, as I distinctly remember being amused by my FPS not changing by more than a few frames between low, medium, and high settings.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 4:13PM (Unverified) said

I know the dev team worked on Dreamfall before this, but is that game set in the same world as this? I haven't played it but I would if it was related to this MMO.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 7:56PM archipelagos said

I don't think that they're related, fairly sure that the two games are independant worlds.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 11:50AM Cendres said

No Dreamfall is set into the far future and has nothing to do with Cthulhu mysteries, well it may have some inspiration but it's much more technology vs magic then this. The Secret World is more about dark mysteries and magic, pre history and all that.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 12:09PM Thac0 said

CIndy, I'm sorry i chased you away from GAX, you should come back.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 4:41PM (Unverified) said