Posted: Apr 7th 2009 9:35PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I'm amazed that they can survive on less than 100,000 subscriptions. I'm even more amazed that anyone plays that POS.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 11:53AM (Unverified) said

I love the game personally, and so do the hundreds of people I personally play with. Just because you don't like a video game doesn't mean other people don't, I think WoW sucks personally but millions love it. Also, it's 236,000 active subscribers actually, which, at $15 a month, is at least $3.5 million a month (probably more since I believe the majority of subscriptions are paid in euros, and considering how far both euros and US dollars go in Iceland these days). Last I checked that wasn't chump change. More MMOs would survive if they realized they don't have to be WoW to make money.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 9:46PM (Unverified) said

excuse me? The game has 200,000 players, and for one server thats pretty good. Its been around for 6 years and has grown steadily....

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 11:01AM Brendan Drain said

The last official announcement I think was 250k subs, and they said the next one will be when they break 300,000 as then there will be more EVE players than Iceland has citizens or something like that :).

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 11:18PM (Unverified) said

Im still trying to get into it, wtb corp

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 4:24AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 6:08AM (Unverified) said

I did the trial once.

It seemed boring with those mining sessions and docking flights.

Also you never leave your chair. You can't even see your avatar.

Perhaps I'll try it again with the new retail version. Can't be worse than War ...

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 8:36AM (Unverified) said

"Also you never leave your chair. You can't even see your avatar."

You aren't in a "chair" , your suspended in fluid inside a metal coffin...well done for doing the tutorial.

Dont bother with the retail version yet, try the trial through steam (21days) or via the main site (14 days), and really do the tutorials, they have been vastly improved with this new release, and are much less onerous.

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 9:38AM brookep said

I'm loving the new player experience so far! :)

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 10:56AM Lateris said

No ffense to anyone but it amazes me how people wil post without having a real background on this game. There are plenty of members within the Eve community that will help "anyone". There are over five thousand systems to explore. There are over 250k people who play this game all on one server.

At least be respectful for the talent and creativity behind this game that doesn't refelect a cookie cutter that most publishers want these days. I don't agree with mini microtransactions and have been slapped here on the comments. At least it taught me a lesson to be more respectful. Try it out.

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 5:46AM (Unverified) said

Just started playing Eve for the free trial (Damn You Massively!). Its actually a very refreshing and frustrating game at the same moment. A few of my friends play it and told me i would never like the game, but after being burnt out on EQ1, EQ2, WoW, and the built up hype over Warhammer and AoC it is actually a great game. The skill ups are frustrating at first till you get used to them. The learning curve is pretty steep, but im sure it will help in the pvp side of the game.

The people in game are pretty much helpful and help out alot of noobs like myself on what equipment and ship and how to use it. There really is no grind, its more of a queue your skills take a break, sleep, play an instance in game. Like most other MMO's i dont feel i need to sit in front of the computer forever to get anywere or anything. The best thing about Eve to me is a program called Evemon which helps you decide were your skills will go. You just pick what ship and weapons and its plans it all out for you.

All in all the new expansion brought back some of my friends that got me playing and its a great game, even though i got tired of reading about it here at Massively, now i got news that pertains to me.

WoW Archivist: Epics