Posted: Apr 7th 2009 12:50PM (Unverified) said

Why assume that just because people think WAR is a POS they play WOW? It's funny that you try to use WOW to insult anyone that doesn't like the same game as you.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 2:58PM Orekri said

I hope that wasn't a reply to me, because I never once mentioned WoW in my post, I was just making the point that I understand if you hate a game, but is it really necessary to spit venom all over the game and people that play it? Many posts have turned into degenerate name calling and insults, and it really isn't necessary. If you don't like the game no one is forcing you to play it, but is it really necessary to become so aggressive and condecending to people who do find it fun.

Most of us recognize that the game has some serious issues that the developers either failed to foresee or failed to correctly assess as a serious issue, but while they do frustrate (trust me sometimes the game drives me crazy), we still recognize that the game has the potential to be a really incredible game at least enough to continue to play it. When I log on to the forums I see a decent degree of developer feedback, and overall there is discussion and thought going on about how the game could be improved. I have watched as oRVR went from a pathetic excuse for a PVE keep swapping sim, to having 4 hour long battles in oRVR with huge fights over battle field objectives and keeps, most of which have very little PVE even involved. The point is not to start that discussion that is just a major change I have personally witnessed.

If these changes are not enough to earn your subscription fee, that is more than fine with me, I am happy you at least gave it a chance and hope you find a game that fits your play style better, but when people act so spitefully about a game they don't even play many of you lose the point you are trying to make and come off as just scoffing at people who are "stupid" enough to play the game. The fact is there are some people that play just because they hope that miracle patch is still coming, and when it doesn't come when they expect it they are going to quit. That is also fine. However, many people spitting insults and hate all over this game that they claim to not care anything about downplays the fact that there are servers full of people who genuinly enjoy the game that do not go around insulting the other games.

I myself am a previous WoW player for many years, and I will never tell you that the game sucked, please that is just not true, but it just does not appeal to me the way WAR does and it is relatively baffling why people find it necessary to spend so much time and energy hating and bad-mouthing a game just because it wasn't the game for them.

Posted: Apr 7th 2009 3:41PM (Unverified) said

Sorry Zheitgeist that was meant for Fess.

my apologies

Posted: Apr 8th 2009 10:07AM Orekri said

Its all good =) Sorry to write so much, it just bugs me that people spend so much time spewing hate at this game. This game will never even come close to competing with WoW, and it is doomed to be a very niche market game, and Mark Jacobs is kidding himself if he thinks to the contrary. However, the hate that is spewed at it tends to discount the fact that there is a dedicated player base that really enjoys the game, even with its flaws.

Posted: Apr 9th 2009 2:03AM (Unverified) said

It is really a nice and informative site.

Lisa11
I still think Warhammer is way better then WoW but the numbers do not seem to show it. I wonder if it is because Warhammer does not seem to be advertised as much as Warcraft.

Warhammer Gold