Posted: Apr 4th 2009 12:23PM (Unverified) said

I remember reading about APB back in 2004 or 05 in PC Gamer or maybe Computer Gaming Monthly magazine and they were saying 2 years until release back then...

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 6:24PM cray said

Just be patient, that's all it is just a lack of patience on your part. Even if APB never comes out, it changes nothing whether they give bloggers some screenshots or promotional interviews, it changes nothing for the company. Their success or failure isn't hindered by a lack of pre-production publicity.

10 years ago we got less information from gaming studios, yet they managed to release their games.

I mean it's totally okay to worry about Realtime World's lack of news, but ultimately it doesn't mean anything unless they themselves report the doom and gloom.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 9:13PM (Unverified) said

Didn't you guys post about 2 weeks back that Realtime Worlds were hiring? More specifically for contract positions (9 - 12 months) on APB?

I don't think it's crazy to put 2 and 2 together and assume the game will be shipping in close to 12 months time.

Not to mention the fact that E3 is only 6 weeks a way and is far more likely to have game updates and announcements than GDC.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 9:22PM (Unverified) said

I mentioned all this, in the very article above. :)

Like I said, so long as we get the goods at E3 I'll still assume the game is coming out. Beyond that... well, that's when I start to worry.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 9:26PM (Unverified) said

Haha so you did. Skipped the hiring line.

But yeah, GDC was pretty quiet on the game front, so hopefully E3 will be bringing the goods.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 11:05PM UnSub said

The sad reality is that MMO developers should remain quiet about their title until it is 90% in the can. I know it's exciting and all that, that you just want the world to know about your awesome title filled with features no other MMO has done yet, but it just leads to disappointment when 1) things are delayed and 2) half your promises don't make it to launch, should they make it at all.

Talk about the title when it is about to go into public alpha / closed beta, not before.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 11:19PM (Unverified) said

I agree with you UnSub, unfortunately that's not the case. Most (or at least all that I'm aware of) games are revealed early on and hyped up, then go into that wonderful information blackout where we hear little to nothing about them.

I do wish games -- especially MMOs -- would veer more towards waiting until a game is much closer to completion. It'd probably spare us from tapping our feet for several years.

Posted: May 18th 2009 3:35PM (Unverified) said