Posted: Apr 4th 2009 6:57PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
So turbine thinks they are going to take a generation or two of FPS/action lovers and actually think LOTR will do well on the XBOX? or any console for that matter?

This is a laugh and a half. Knowing the devs that probably thought this up it makes sense, to see Turbine make boneheaded moves (or even consider) like this is entertainment indeed.

Of course if they are turning the XBOX version of LOTR into pvp fighting on an epic scale, Lore based on the books, action everywhere, danger lurking at every turn, consequences for actions taken........naw.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 7:25PM Valentina said

I don't see why this wouldn't do well. X360 has alot of RPG lovers, and is going to have multiple online rpg's before the next system comes out. So I think it makes perfect sense.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 8:06PM BIGGIN said

As long as there are separate servers (typically a given) and the core game client (more of a concern here for me as if they are the same all future design choices would be hampered to appease/work on the console), I gladly welcome my console brethren to Middle-earth.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 9:34PM RogueJedi86 said

I'd actually prefer same servers. FFXI's servers are very thriving due to everyone(both console/PC and English/Japanese/European) on the same servers. If everyone is divided up, the player base seems smaller in general. Console players would complain that the game is empty when in fact the PC servers are thriving; they just don't realize.
Sure you get more immature brats on consoles(especially 360), but those kids will be bored of LotRO and leave in a few weeks, same as they did on the PC version. The game would quickly revert back to the mature player base after a few week period of the kids trying it out.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 8:24PM Lateris said

I kind of doubt this. I think it has nothing to do with LOTRO. I think it is a separate game.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 10:59PM bak said

I could so very play this sitting on my couch enjoying my surround and HD set, voice chatting with my xbox LIVE party... very yes!

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

The free to play model will upset PC subscribers. For lifetime membership people though it won't be an issue.

Posted: Apr 6th 2009 7:02AM (Unverified) said

Perhaps the X360 game will only have a few instances to get people interested in the PC version?

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story