Posted: Apr 5th 2009 9:04PM (Unverified) said

Isn't it a bit late for an April Fool's joke?
This IS a joke right?
Please say this is a joke.....
I can't take this anymore. *whimpers*

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 7:29PM JohnD212 said

Hellgate was a good game. God knows there are so many crappy games that are still running on servers....

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 7:31PM (Unverified) said

I thought it was fun :( inventory tetris aside

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

I liked the game, too. Could it be better? Heck yeah! I wish that the land was more... explorable rather than everything being instanced. For a first try, it was good. I would give it a B-

It was better than what Star Wars galaxies turned into.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

It wasn't that bad. It didn't warrant a monthly fee, but otherwise it was a reasonable enough game. As John said, there are worse games still online right now.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 8:07PM (Unverified) said

So I'm guessing the people at Namco-Bandai are allergic to money then? Sure a bunch of people don't like it, but on the other hand a lot of people do like it and would like to keep playing it online.

Hopefully some arrangement can be made to restore Hellgate to the NA public, and finishing off Mythos would be very nice too.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 10:15PM hami83 said

More likely it's just legal issues. It takes time, and money.

I'm sure Hellgate will come back, but issues just need to be ironed out.
You can say Konami-Bandai don't like money, but that's not true. Just legal issues take time.

This was a good game. just VERY POORLY managed.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 11:28PM (Unverified) said

Oh, I'm sure it's just legal issues keeping them from putting it back up. And they don't and can't really say when or if it will come back until those issues are ironed out.

It's just sad to see a good game that had a dedicated publisher behind it die because of financial issues, and frustrating to keep hearing 'it's coming back, really!' with no time table as to when.. or even for sure if.

Posted: Apr 4th 2009 5:41AM AnthonyHJ said

Personally, I could take or leave Hellgate, but Mythos... I did love that game. It was everything I loved about Diablo and a slice of new thinking to top it all off.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 8:43PM (Unverified) said

I would love for this to come back as long as theres a free mode. It was really fun playing as the gunner classes.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 9:59PM (Unverified) said

God, I miss this game. I hope they can bring it back.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 10:37PM (Unverified) said

I didn't like the game at first, but they really fixed it up a lot with those patches. Definitely a solid hack 'n slash game. Hope to see it up and running again, at some point.

Posted: Apr 5th 2009 7:40PM (Unverified) said

I was one of those burned when I bought a lifetime subscription -- yes I was that stupid. I loved the idea of the game and would love it to come back, but only if it's actually supported.