Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 8:52AM JohnD212 said

I prefer a podcast that covers current news at the beginning and then each podcast will be a look at a particular MMO...perhaps a hands on discussion of playing it...since there are so many that come out...its nice to hear others discuss what it was like to play them. I also like in depth look at new features in existing MMO's. Kind of a variety of things in each show so I don't have to skip one just because the entire show is about something I don't care about. I'd prefer to be able to tune in because I know at least part of it will appeal to me each time.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 10:38AM Cendres said

I don't have a favorite format for the podcasts I enjoy, I listen to them mostly because they are well executed from beginning to end no matter what shape it takes or if there's one podcaster, many or if there's guests or not.

If the content is interesting and delivered in a refreshing and/or energetic manner I'm all over it.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 11:58AM (Unverified) said

My main requirement is that the podcasters are entertaining to listen to. It's not as important to me what they're talking about. In many cases, I have found that, depending on the subject, I know more than the podcasters. And in some cases not. But I want to be entertained, not informed. I can be informed from blogs and MMO specific websites. Take WoW, for instance. Just about all WoW podcasts follow the exact same formula:

1. What we did this week.
2. News.
3. Speculation.
4. Listener email.

I could have my own podcast about the top three things and the content would be exactly the same. But I'm not that interesting to listen to.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 1:52PM (Unverified) said

I think its very important for the podcast to be informative first and and entertaining a close second. I listen to them while I commute and I am always trying new ones to replace those that I drop.

Features that keep me comming back:
- News about the game
- Insights and comentary that enhance the game. I get to learn something I can try out for myself.
- Clear recording quality

Things that make me unsubscribe or stop after a few sample episodes:
- Too much about the podcasters normal life (Im sorry your girlfriend dumped you but I didnt download the show to listent to that).
- Hosts talking over each other constantly. Let each host have their say without being interrupted.
- Soapboxing from a limited viewpoint (I raid so all non-raiders are n00bs!)
- Poor production quality
- Stupid Gimmiks. A few examples. Virgin Worlds computer voice episode. Ringcast's valley girl episode. For a few moments or a segment, okay. Do it for a whole episode and I'm probably done.

This is just one listeners opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt :)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 5:26AM (Unverified) said

i think theres a good change that 404 Radio has everything a good podcast needs :P go on google it its over at tamworthgamers.co.uk

okay, that was cheap wasnt it... lol...

yeah i think regular episodes a good home page and listener interaction are all important things

EVE Evolved: EVE Online vs. Elite: Dangerous