Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 10:31PM Crsh said

Gah, so far away. :(

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 11:29PM (Unverified) said

For the kind of player they are most likely targeting, I say 2012 or 2013 is about right. Give them time to get tired of Champs/DCU and looking for something updated and new.

I just hope its not just a clone. I guess 10 years of hoping MMO's aren't clones of each others would be enough time to realize its not going to happen.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 12:07AM (Unverified) said

Naming a release date for a game that may or may not be in the CONCEPT stage, is complete fail. This is why MMO's always faceplant.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 3:21AM UnSub said

It's still a quick turnaround for a MMO - three years from scratch to release. I'm expecting a lot of third party apps to be tapped to make this happen. But it's still pretty pie in the sky: who knows if this title is even going to see release, given Marvel's MMO history?

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 5:08AM dudes said

I hope MMO Fatigue hasn't killed people's interest by then.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 12:53PM (Unverified) said

Is that supposed to be Iron Man in all that gold? Rather an outdated image

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 7:02PM (Unverified) said

That drawing is only a couple years old. It's by Arthur Adams. It was the cover to Avengers Classic #1, which was a re-print of the original Avengers #1 with some new short stories added in.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 2:40PM (Unverified) said

I mentioned this in another article... Marvel is going to sweep in, pick up the good, ignore the bad, and control the superhero genre. A 2012 release will likely get delayed. They're not a dumb company. It's why they dropped the contract w/ Cryptic. If it's not up to snuff, they put the kabosh on it. At least the large scale stuff.

... Spider-man 3, excluded. They should have stopped that in pre-production ;)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 3:51PM archipelagos said

I still don't know how they managed to screw Spider-man 3 up so much, I really don't. That Peter Parker dance scene was one of the worst I have ever seen. I still cringe just thinking about it and how he looked.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 5:31PM Rich said

MUO and DCU are going to suffer the same issues that MxO suffered from...

People will not want to be like the characters, they want to BE the characters.