Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 12:20AM hami83 said

Really? It went up that high?
Lol! Wow! I mean, I played it for a bit and it wasn't a bad game at all, but holy crap I wasn't expecting them to get that much.

Guess it shows the power of a strong IP......And cheap monthly fee.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 12:34AM (Unverified) said

Its free though, anyone can try it just like you. CN is big with kids so it shouldn't be a huge surprise. Besides, just like WoW, im sure a lot of it is farmers.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 5:36AM (Unverified) said

its actually a solid game, very worth while for younger gamers and even grownups who live sponge bob

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 6:52AM (Unverified) said

There's always something misleading about registration numbers. When massively featured this game, I signed up too. I played for one hour and haven't been back. Wonder how many are like that.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 9:16AM Holgranth said

Agreed, it sounds a lot like dear Maplestory's claim "180 million players have joined", yea SUUUUURE they did.

While its certianly possible they have 4 million ACTIVE players I REALLY, REALLY DOUBT IT. (The only way I could see that is if they are PIMPING the thing on TV 24/7 and whatever websites the kiddies go to)

Four Million accounts made on the other hand, hellova lot less impressive when your a f2p title and people can spam bots/alts like theres no tomorrow.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 9:18AM Holgranth said

When I said 4 million players I meant to say someday down the road it didn't type out right. (Its 5 am right now)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2009 1:48PM Triskelion said

My son tried it, he got bored after the first couple of day - I guess his account counts towards that 4 million number, even though he'll never play the game again. That is the thing with free games, a la Guild Wars, accounts created does not equal active accounts.