Posted: Apr 1st 2009 3:58PM (Unverified) said

Did it really used to cost $L to TP? I wasn't sure if that was true, or just a little touch in the joke...

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 10:54PM (Unverified) said

Yes, it did. Teleportation cost was proportional to distance. The further you went, the more it cost. Teleportation became free on 21 October 2003, when SL version 1.1 was rolled out.

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 5:38PM (Unverified) said

I have just been thrust from the OpenSim planet and presumably further OpenSim contributions (didn't contribute much but some animations anyway) for my blog post. Now what is funny about that? I hate April Fool's day. Somebody has to be the fool I guess. My turn again.

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 5:53PM (Unverified) said

Mo, I have to take your side on this one, and I actually *like* April Fools day jokes. Imagine if Blizzard pulled stunts like this on their customers? Would WoW be near as big as it is?

A good joke is one thing, but when you undermine your credibility, that's taking things too far.

@Dale: Not that I can remember.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 8:37AM (Unverified) said

Velicia:
you'd be right with your Blizzard comparison...
1) if Opensim was a complete product (it's not: it's an alpha product) AND
2) if the prank was put in its main release (it didnt: it was only in the 'trunk', a.k.a. "ONLY for DEVELOPERS and TESTERS" / "DO NOT use this in production" release.

Apparently, Mo Hax didn't mention this - I think he should.

I suggest you to learn more about the Opensim prank by getting back to original information, as the Opensim users mailing list, and avoid second-hand comments that don't tell the whole story.

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 7:15PM (Unverified) said

THIS JUST IN TO THE NEWS DESK: Linden Research Inc. buys the San Francisco 49ers.

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 8:35PM (Unverified) said

Wait... so is LL really not going to use http://www.macminicolo.net/ to host their new Class 6 servers?? Butbutbut.... even Torley said so!!

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 10:30PM (Unverified) said

Not this year Gwyn, but next April.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM