Posted: Mar 30th 2009 9:28PM (Unverified) said

I'm sorry. I cannot take any game named "Huxley". I just immediately conjure up an image of Bill Cosby and you lost me already.

Posted: Mar 30th 2009 9:32PM (Unverified) said

Waiting on Global Agenda personally. It's hard enough to justify paying for an FPS monthly.

Posted: Mar 30th 2009 10:57PM Snow Leopard said

I'm kind of waiting for that fps mmo that offers great PVE. You can throw a bunch a monkeys in a room together with guns and get pvp, but it takes something special to make fun and involving cooperative combat in this kind of genre. It's that back to back guns against the wall, taking down the massive armies of baddies buddy action feel that I love about the co-op in Halo and Left 4 Dead and it's the beautiful and expansive environments in games like WoW that makes me enjoy mmo's. When someone has the guts to make this kind of game, I'll gladly pay my monthly fee. In the meantime, enjoy Unreal Tournament with a guild bank tacked on.

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 12:19AM (Unverified) said

You should take a look at FallenEarth.

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 1:46AM CheesecakeBandit said

the only problem is Fallen Earth is very much a sandbox game which then tends to focus on...(drumroll please) pvp.

I too want to see an MMOFPS that is more than unreal tournament with a guildbank and auctionhouse, but for some reason, that idea has yet to really click(outside of the unfinished and tragic example of tabula rasa RIP).

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 5:52AM organiclockwork said

Tabula Rasa was hardly an MMOFPS, as far as I'm concerned. It was an MMORPG with shooter trappings. But underneath it all, player skill was once again in the backseat to gear and level.

I'm rather looking forward to Huxley, because it actually requires player skill more than just being the highest level and having the best gear.

Of course, at the rate things are going, I'm beginning to wonder if we can't slap a vaporware stamp on this. It's been announced to launch and then pushed back so many times by now that it's borderline ridiculous.

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 10:42AM CheesecakeBandit said

I'm saying that was the closest we got to that sort of thing from the story angle, and anyone who read the news or played the game knew it just didn't do it. I would like to see an MMO that rewarded more tactical and strategic thinking that wasn't an mmo strategy game directly.

However, i do realize open worlds are expensive resource wise especially when coupled with having high speed massed projectile physics. As such, the pve aspect of this game may be good(quest instances), but I am tempering my anticipations until i see a firm release date and some beta/demo action.

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 6:16AM (Unverified) said

this game was originally announced about 10 years ago, i remember it well, then it went into hiding, now its back with teh UT3 engine? im ringing the BS bell here, i want to know where its been all this time!

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 7:48AM archipelagos said

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else noticed a pattern with all of the up and coming Sci-Fi releases and that they all seem to be very PvP orientated? Is there no PvE focused Sci-Fi releases?

Posted: Mar 31st 2009 10:45AM CheesecakeBandit said

SW:TOR for one. I think most people are afraid of turning into TR again, but TR flopped on its own (de)merits :P

I hope SW:TOR has a lot more classes they have yet to showcase as the simple jedi/sith/bounty hunter bit is just too little.