Posted: Mar 27th 2009 1:57PM toychristopher said

I want to play this game. It looks really pretty and it sounds fun.

Posted: Mar 27th 2009 2:02PM Valentina said

can't wait. thanks for the preview!

Posted: Mar 27th 2009 2:26PM Thac0 said

I've been watching this one for ages! I cant wait to get my hands on it!

Posted: Mar 27th 2009 5:15PM (Unverified) said

as with most people who have been watching aion for 2+ years now - i am pretty much tired of seeing the same stuff, the same write ups and the same pictures over and over again. it would be really nice to know when we will actually be able to play aion instead of looking at pictures of it.

Posted: Mar 29th 2009 11:49PM (Unverified) said

Been watching for two years and can't wait to play it. I agree that those of us who have followed this mmo unfortunately have heard about the majority about this. Well 6-7 more months will have to wait for.

Posted: Mar 28th 2009 10:12AM Darkmoone said

Why can't people review a game properly, christ. I should get a gd job here.

Is the game twitch?
Is the combo system like FFXI or AoC?
Global cooldown? yes? no?
How many abilities per bar? how many bars?
Macro's?
Blood?
Dueling?
Is it item based or skill based?

Posted: Mar 28th 2009 11:51AM Cendres said

Is the game twitch?
No. It's a bit more dynamic then the average mmo but that's about it.

Is the combo system like FFXI or AoC?
More like FFXI.

Global cooldown? yes? no?
Pardon?

How many abilities per bar? how many bars?
Like any other major mmo, here's a page with all the skills for each class: http://www.aionwiki.net/tiki-index.php?page=wiki

Macro's?
There's a very nice and extensive macro system.

Blood?
It's fantasy non hardcore 'blood'.

Dueling?
Yes and no, there's no accept my duel yes? You just attack people, go through portals to your enemy's side of the world, go to the Abyss or arenas.

Is it item based or skill based?
Mostly item based with some skill, but then again some people will tell any game takes skill. :)

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 10:45AM toychristopher said

I know one thing. The game has skill decks that your create when you are in town. I think these effect your skill chain. That's what I've heard.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2009 6:07PM (Unverified) said

@CindyL said on 11:51AM 3-28-2009

Is the combo system like FFXI or AoC?
More like FFXI.
>Storm> I am not sure what the FFXI or AoC Systems are, but basically the chains work depending on the situation - if you cast a Flame Arrow, Blaze becomes available, when Blaze is used, if another spell is chained it becomes available and so on. Also I believe most chains are instant cast when used. Other situations depend on blocks, knockdowns, and other effects placed on your target.

Global cooldown? yes? no?
Pardon?
>Storm> There is a global cooldown, I want to say it's like 1 to 1.5secs some skills also activate a short cooldown on skills with similar effects - IE - you can't stack slows on a player instantly.

Dueling?
>Storm> There is indeed a dueling request system so you can test out your abilities on players of the same faction.

Oh and btw, Depending on your class, flight not only has some disadvantages, but it gives class bonuses as well when certain skills have been learned;) I'll let you find those out on your own.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014